Monday, October 25, 2010

Beach Babe.

Another reveal as this doll is now with her new owner.
She is from a pattern called Beach Babe and is a Cathron Country Design. As soon as I saw the pattern I had to buy it as I knew just who to make her for.
Here she is under construction. I didn't read the pattern before starting so it came as bit of a shock that she needed plastic rods inserted into her feet and then fed up through her body and into her neck which is then pushed through a small slit into the head at the back! A really weird construction but I'm always up for a challenge. She also has a little pull along toy duck and a bear swim ring, plus of course a cozie to wear.




The little girl that I have made this for when asked by her Gran if she had a new doll what it would be called said "Rosie "of course.
So without further ado here she is. Rosie for Rosie.
Rosie just loves pink so no problem with choosing the colour!!
This is the first time that I have painted a face on.( All of Cath's patterns have painted faces but I usually chicken out and embroider them on as with the Gracie, Evie and Esme dolls but I thought I would have a try. Rather pleased with the result.)

The rods inserted in her legs and body enable her to be free standing.
Painted toenails too.


On the pattern she was only meant to have six strands of very thick wool in bunches for her hair but I decided to go all over and give her a curly mop instead. (Took me 2 days to hook in each individual strand and knot. Will I never learn!)
I had great fun making her and Rosie loves her too.
I am entering her into the following:
Alphabet Challenge. Z for zig zags. Rosie has ric rac braid on her cozie.

12 comments:

Fiona said...

wow...this is fab..you have even painted her toenails!!

Fi
x

Debbie said...

OMG Mrs A, this is adorable. I love the face, you have amazed me, cannot believe you painted it on! Fantastic.
I hope Rosie enjoys Rosie!! Debbiexx

Michelle said...

Hi Mrs A

Rosie is just adorable!! Her face is so gorgeous, you have really done a wonderful job in creating this doll for little Rosie. I am sure she is going to treasure her for years to come.

Thanks for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

mom2four said...

Aw, thanks for stopping by my blog, LOVE the doll!!

shaz earl said...

Oh WoW!!! this is so adorable i love her thanks for taking part in this weeks Alphabet challenge x

Faye said...

Your painted face looks amazing, really, really good. As ever the detail in your works is just awesome. The hair looks fab, so was worth it. xxx

Shelly said...

Oh wow! You doll is amazing... I'd love to be able to sew like this! Great face too, no problems here! I'm sure Rosie will treasure her! Hugs Shelly x

Donna said...

She is such a sweetie and beuatifully done as always...love the expression on her face lol! :) Donna x

Sherry said...

What a special doll she is Mrs A. You did a great job with the painted face. I love her outfit and all the little details. Bet Rosie will just adore her!

Sherry Hicks said...

Rosie is very Cute! You are so talented!
Sherry

Do What You Love said...

Rosie is adorable - she's the cutest little angel and I love how you are so able to make these fine specimens to collect! Those painted toe nails are too cute, Mrs. A. You're so talented and clever! I doubt there's anything you can't make! This is just fabulous! ;-)

memakingdo said...

What a darling doll you are to talented! I featured it today at "Featuring You Friday" @ Me Making Do! http://memakingdo.blogspot.com/2010/10/featuring-you-friday_29.html
Thanks for Linking
Heather!