Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Monet it's not.

The current challenge on the Art 'n' Soul flickr group is to make a 6" x 4" postcard and incorporate metal on it somewhere. Don't ask me how I managed to think this one up but an amazon lily made from a bottle top popped into my head. The plain postcard I used was slightly smaller than the size needed so I backed it onto green card stock and made it look like a picture frame. The pond and lilies were done using watercolour pencils and then blended with a wet paint brush. I stamped the reeds over the top using the Hero Arts stamp S5316.


Then came the fun part. A shrink plastic frog drawn on a rock and colured in (told you I was into shrink plastic) and the amazon lily made from the bottle top and painted green with a fabric flower in the middle. A completed picture but not quite up to Monet's standards!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That is fab - i love it x

Faye said...

Now, I know this is scheduled, but how are you doing the other. Have you sweet talked a waiter again?! I think your painting is fab btw. xxx

Lindsey said...

Ooooh gorgeous! What a great way to use a bottle top xx

Do What You Love said...

Mrs. A., your painting is absolutely magnificent! I would love to be able to do this and how brilliant using the bottle cap as your lily pad - that's just too cool! It's a perfect picture! I hope you and yours are well - thanks for stopping by and keeping tabs on me. I'm so unorganized - will have to get it together again! JAM and Terri Anne keep me settled more than usual - maybe that's it - I'm TOO relaxed!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi there Mrs A. you did have fun missed you at the blog hop on Wed., I hope you and Monkey are doing okay, God bless, and Monet would have approved I am sure especially of the bottle top! Shaz in oz.x

Annie said...

I have just updated my blog for you :-)
A x

Unknown said...

very sweet postcard. I love the soft cool colour scheme and your use of the bottle cap flower! not Monet but Mrs. A, eh?

Zue said...

It is not far behind Monet; don't you know!
It is brilliant! I lov ethe lilly pad and all the rest!
Knitting is a wonderful activity, no need for patterns. I love natural fibres and I have bought some Alpaca wool...just going to start it, trouble is it comes in hanks!!!
have fun
Sue xx

Donna said...

Hi Mrs A, this is a beautiful piece of art and brill that you have recycled too...brilliant idea to make your lily :) Donna x

Sherry said...

Love it and can't wait to see it for real!