Thursday, May 03, 2012

Happy Birthday Wishes.

I needed to make a  card for a friends birthday which was yesterday. We were meeting up for coffee and a natter this morning so I took her card with me. I decided to have a go at following a sketch and hunted through my cd's to find some papers to put together.


I needed 4 different ones and wanted a yellow theme. The spotty and  the brown leaf are from the Polkadoodle's 'Pretty Sweet' Mini cd  and the top 2  are from Say it with Flowers ' Special Moments' cd by Sharon Duncan and Joanna Sheen. The flower depicted is the Marsh Marigold.  The sentiment came from the same collection. I added extra embelishments of lace, string and green/brown netting. As these bits were all snippets (I will explain fully on a further post) am entering into Pixies  Crafty Snippets.
On reflection the flowers would have shown up better if I had cut out and mounted on sticky pads but hind sight is a wonderful  thing. Anyways  my  friend still loved it and says she can't make cards for love or money but she is a dab hand with a paint brush. You should just see the gorgeous stag picture that she is painting right now!! Makes my efforts look like a 5 yr olds.
Also entering into the following challenges:
Sketch  Saturday:  4 layers,+ circle+sentiment+ 3 attachments.
Polka Doodles: Shabby chic/vintage.
Love to Create: Flowers & Buttons.
Penny's Paper-crafty: Happy Birthday.




23 comments:

Viv said...

Real pretty card Valery!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,a fabulous image.xxx

Dreaming of Vintage said...

What a pretty card! I love the colors!

Di said...

Super card Mrs A - love the yellows, we could do with some yellow here couldn't we - like that thing called the sun! Di xx

Bernie said...

What a lovely spring like card. I love the colors!
Hugs

Catherine said...

This is such a beautiful and elegant card ! I love the soft colours you have chosen ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Really spring-like and fresh, and those marigolds are perfect. I am impressed with the way you have combined so many different papers - lovely. Thank you for your visit and kind comments. Glad to hear you are back now and look forward to seeing more from you. Have a good week. xx Maggie

Sherry said...

Lovely card, the buttons are a great touch on it too.

As for the Distress Markers, they're Ranger's latest thing - like Distress ink pads, but in a pen. They were quite pricey - only hope they don't dry out before I use them!

Carol said...

Lovely card Mrs A, do like your choice of colours and papers. Think it's going to be so cold this weekend we'll need extra layers in the playground so I'm hunting out my ski pants - they'll keep my bum dry! Carol x

mags said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Susie Little said...

Such a pretty card. Thank you for playing along at Sketch Saturday,Good Luck xx

Copse said...

love the colours on this make, nice a fresh feel to the card, thanks for joining us at SSDS this week... Kaz

Sally H said...

A gorgeous card, Mrs A. Thanks for keeping the rain off the swings. Have some cherry lips!

Jules said...

Hi Mrs A

Love your snippet combination. Great layout and colour choices.

Have a good Bank Holiday weekend .. .. hope meet up with you in the playground next week.

Love Jules xx

Sarn said...

Oh this is LOVELY. Great use of your snippets. Well done. Thanks for putting plastic over the swings . . . I kept nice and dry xxx

Leanne said...

Lovely card Mrs.A. I just scrolled down your posts & loved all your purple creations especially the horseshoe. It's fabulous.

Donna said...

Hi Mrs A, beautiful card and such a pretty choice of papers. I love the lace too and the cute little buttons :) Donna x

Ali said...

Gorgeous card - love the layout. (ooh yes I did see your round up post - thank you very much :-) - hmm uploading my May make - err not got anything planned yet - will have to get my finger out!! )

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our Shabby Chic/Vintage challenge this week at Polka Doodles! Just lovely! Cheers Claire x

Crafty and Green said...

What a Pretty Card!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Create this week! We hope you come back and play again really soon! Many Blessings, Tina

Highland Monkey's said...

I like yellow flowers, must be cos we don't get any sun! Glad the ring was found OK but I bet everyone panicked for a moment!

Hettie said...

Lovely yellow colours there on your card Mrs A.

Anne said...

A beautiful card
Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles
Anne x