Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Mum's the Word.

The Theme for the May Tag over on The Altered Paper is Flowers/Mothersday. Tags have now gone out so I am showing you the tag I made for my partner. I'm still in roses mode but have cut these on a smaller scale using the  Spellbinders 'Rose Creations'  S5-050 die.
I have used  white cartidge paper 140gsm weight  and coloured the petals using pearlescent chalks and ColorBox chalk ink pads on the edges. The rose leaves are from the same die and have been coloured with a green ColorBox chalk. The sentiment was computer generated in word and the edges of the paper torn and  again coloured with a matching ColorBox chalk. (Can you can tell I like working with both of these mediums.!) Ribbon is from my stash as is the cartridge paper. The tag itself is made from recyled calender pages adhered back to back and cut to the correct tag size.


Entering into the following challenges:
Use it Tuesdays: All about Mom (Used hoarded supplies as above.)
Crafty Catz : May Flowers.
By the Cute & Girly: Spring is in the Air.
And as I have used cartridge paper from my snippets folder  Pixies Crafty Snippets:

16 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.xxx

Sunshine Girl said...

This is lovely - do you know I havent used my chalks for about 3 years maybe I should remedy that soon.....

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW those roses with the inked edges are awesome

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Di said...

Oh Mrs A - it's gorgeous! I love how you do your roses - maybe, if this rain doesn't stop, we can have a little masterclass in the playground hut? Hope you feel a bit better today honey. Animals always take a part of our hearts with them. Hugs, Di xx

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Lovely tag! love the flowers! very springy! Thank you for playing with us at BTC&G and good luck! X

Sarn said...

This is soooo pretty. xxx

Heidi said...

These flowers are gorgeous, love the dark outer edge. hugs heidi x

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful tag...this is just so pretty!

Sherry said...

Your roses are beautiful as is the tag x

Happy birthday to someone special today ... Hope all went well xxxxxxxx

Karen said...

Such a gorgeous tag, those roses are really beautiful. Karen x

Irini said...

what a lovely tag!!
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Use It Tuesday!
hugz
irini

Sarah said...

So pretty! You've just inspired me to break out the chalks again! Thanks for playing along with UIT!

Sarah said...

So pretty! You've just inspired me to break out the chalks again! Thanks for playing along with UIT!

Denise said...

I just yesterday received My pretty May tag.Thank you so much.I love it.The flowers are amazing!So much detail and dimension.Thank-you also for all the paper cut-outs.Hugs and blessings to you.

{Eka} said...

Wonderful tag! Very lovely! Thanks for playing at Use It Tuesday!

Bernie said...

These flowers are gorgeous! Beautiful tag Mrs. A!
Hugs