Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thanks a Bunch.

I recently completed a Queens ATC  swap and my partner Oliva very kindly enclosed some off cuts of design card and this  pretty stamped and coloured  wheelbarrow of flowers. Looking through them I thought how well these three designs went together and decided to make a card using them up. I managed to get 3 of the smallest XCut nestie die "Square Parenthis" out of each one and arranged them in a grid pattern  onto a square of pale green  card stock which I distressed around the edges with my handy T.H. gadget and a  distressed ink pad in Stormy Sky.  I then matted to a blank blue card base. The ribbon came from my stash and the buttons are a 1" cherry flower punch that I cut out in shrink plastic. I coloured using promarkers  to match the flowers in the wheelbarrow and punched holes before shrinking with my heat gun.  As I have used snippets of the card and shrink plastic am entering into Pixies Crafty snippets.

Also entering into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion:  Torn or distressed Edges.
Fab 'N' Funky: Buttons & Bows.
Delightfull challenges: Distressing.
Hotshot Craft: Die Cuts.
Digi Doodle shop: Bingo.(straight line using  buttons/ribbon/flowers)

10 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a pretty card I love the use of the small pieces of DP a really useful way of using up your scraps and very effective. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges for our Distressing Challenge hugs Susan x

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card,such pretty colours and image.xxx

Irene said...

A beautiful card with a gorgeous combination of papers and colours.
luv
irene
xxxx

Di said...

Oooer Mrs A - a really pretty card indeed. Love the way you've used the snippets and the wheel barrow is so cute.

Hugs, Di xx

Raining here again after 2 fine days - was that Summer d'you think?

Viv said...

Great card Valery! Fab use of snippets - mine are all over the place - 'keep meaning to' but never do!

Catherine said...

This is such an adorable card ! I love the way you have created the background and the image is really sweet ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Shirley said...

Such a beautiful card! thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week!

Sally H said...

A totally brilliant snippet make Mrs A. I love it! You could have some cough candy to try and get the red off your tongue, but it might make your teeth fall out. It might make you a bit of a tigger too with all that sugar!

Bernie said...

What a beautiful card! Love gorgeous combination of papers and colors.
Hugs

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous use of those snippets and I love the image - beautiful. Elizabeth x