Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Water Babies by Charles Kingsley.

The Theme over at Tag Tuesday this week is Mermaids and Water Babies.
I have chosen to base my tag on  The Water Babies by Charles Kingsley. Nicecrane Designs has some lovely digi collage sheets of Water Babies that you can purchase and download.
I decided to make my tag from an oblong of cardboard which I then covered with cream canvas. The edges were frayed before gluing and then an assortment of lace, ribbon, beads and threads were added. The digi was resized on my  computer and then printed out. I glued this to white card stock and stitched around the edges. The threads that I had taken out from the frayed canvas were then threaded through and the ends left showing.

 I glued the picture on top of the lace and added a ribbon and button to the top. You can see a closer view here below.
As I have used odds and ends of materials I am also posting this to Pixies Crafty Workshop:
Snippets #31
Entering into the following challenges:
C.R.A.F.T. challenges: Use Stitching.:





12 comments:

Di said...

Oh Yes Mrs A - this is really gorgeous. Love all the lace and the image is beautiful. Funny, The Water Babies scared the heck out of me as a kid! Not no more though :)

Hugs, Di xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Mrs A, This is gorgeous xx

Doreen said...

Beautiful tag. Lovely colours and image.xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful, Mrs. A! Really pretty and vintage! hugs, Lesley

Catherine said...

Your tag is gorgeous Sweetie ! I love the image and the fibers too... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Faye said...

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuverly. xxx

Amanda said...

Oh so adorable , love the lace and soft gentle look of this, compliments the Mage perfectly. Hugs, Amanda x

Rene said...

Gorgeous!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! Don’t forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck!
Rene

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wow Mrs A. just adore this soo much great card and brings back memories to see it! of to peak at the site thanks so much for popping over too and making my day Shaz in oz.x
PS hi to boys in rehab from my boys! do they need some chocolate to cheer themselves up??

loz said...

OMG!! This is Stunning Mrs A. I spotted this beauty on MIM..Loz

Sarn said...

Very creative and vintagey. I love it. xxx

Hettie said...

This is beautiful Mrs A. Love it. xx