Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ebony & Ivory.

When I saw the current challenge over at Cupcake Crafts this week I imediately thought of this digi that I just knew that I had stored somewhere on my computer!!!. When I eventually found it last night I realised that I had downloaded the freebie without saving where it had come from so sorry it is an unknown to me. It came as a set of 3 so if you recognise it please let me know and I will come back and give credit where it is due. (Have since found out that this silhouette is from Dover Publications by Rico Prosperso and is in their publication 150 Silhouette Designs CD-Rom and book. Thanks to Tracy for giving me the information). 


The image was downloaded onto card stock and adhered to thick 300gsm white cardstock.
I then comptuer generated the sentiment and printed off onto card stock which I then cut down to size as an overlay to the digi. The Xcut Square Parenthesis nesting die was then cut out beneath the wording and before attaching to the front of the card I went round the edge with a black marker pen.I think it makes a nice simple bold  statement. The ribbon, bow, pin and beads were all leftovers I found in my stash. So without further ado I would like to enter into the following challenges:
Cupcake Crafts:  Black and white.
Cutie Pie challenge: Borders and Frames.
Papertake Weekly: Pins and Needles.
Alphabet challeng: O= Only one colour ( in this case black) plus white.
Crafty Catz: Ribbons and Bows.
Pixies Crafty Workshop: Crafty snippets # 35.



31 comments:

Di said...

Stunning Mrs A - I adore silhouettes. I did me back in, once again, crouched writing the roll call on Saturday for hours but will be snooping - man, it hurts, so am off for an early night.

Thank you for the Fish and Chips addy - am a bit late but think I just might have another contact so maybe all is not lost.

Luv ya! Di xx

Sandra H said...

Good Evening Mrs A, Totally fabulous l too adore Silhouettes and this one is a really stunner!! l like how you have used your black marker pen around the edges its so effective and gives the impression its a die cut even though you used your Xcut Square Parenthesis die, and is that one of your own pins?!! simply gorgeous l have a cd with Silhouettes not sure l have this one though keep it safe its stunning xx

Doreen said...

This is just so gorgeous,love the silhouette.xxx

Faye said...

Thought you'd get this in under the radar did you? Very stylish and pretty. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week, good luck. xx

Linda Wescott said...

Silhouettes always look so elegant. I love your choice of embellies, especially using the pin in her hat. Hugs lin

Viv said...

Just lovely! I really like black and white...

Ali said...

Yoo hoo, Mrs A sorry been m.i.a. just trying to catch up now love this card very classy and your last make with the butterflies and bottletops is gorgeous xx Hoping you are well xx

Bernie said...

Oh Mrs A this is absolutely STUNNING! Thanks for all your sweet comments.
Hugs
Bernie

Unknown said...

Good evening Mrs.A! What a gorgeous and elegant card!I love that image and the CAS style!Thanks for joining us over atCupcake Craft Challenge this week!Good luck!Hugs and sunshine

Grenouille Greetings said...

I don't know who she is but she looks very pretty on your lovely card! Super hat pin!!! Hugs, Lesley

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love it:)

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

love B&W!!!
thank you so much for joining us at ACB!!!

Mary said...

Black and White are a favorite of mine. Very nice card.... actually, very, very nice. See you on the playground, I'll race you to the monkey bars!

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous Mrs A ! What a beautiful silhouette ! Love the pin in her hat too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Ann said...

Lovely! Such a pretty image and its perfectly framed and enhanced with that pretty pin.

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation! Thanks for playing along at PTW! xxx

Bonnie said...

What an elegant silhouette and I love that hat pin!

Carol said...

Fabulous card Mrs A, love the silhouette and hat pin. Suffering playground deprivation so off to the swings! Carol x

Hettie said...

Very pretty card Mrs A. Oops! I was looking for you on my bloggielistiewatsit fingy and realised I was not a follower!!! Sacre bleu! Remedied that now Mrs A!
xx

CuddlyBunny said...

Darling, vintage-look piece! Black and white, as always, are gorgeous and you've shown that perfectly here!

FYI: Could the image be from Dover Publications? I know this image is in one of their silhouette books (because I own it :)), and I know they often offer freebies as teasers for their books ... HERE is the book

CuddlyBunny said...

Sorry ... hopefully this link works ... HERE

Lynn said...

Such an elegant card - I think black and white works so well with silhouettes. Lynn x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous creation!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Alphabet challenges for our * O for 1 colour + white * challenge

Hope you will join us again
Hugs Shaz x

Zue said...

Stunningly effective!
xx

Leslie Miller said...

Those freebies always lead me to make purchases from the site, so I love them! This one is great and your card is very pretty. I don't know where it came from, but CuddlyBunny mentioned Dover Publications. I get a lot of free images from them.

Kim said...

love the monochrome look! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x

Sally H said...

So elegant and beautiful! I seem to be a couple of weeks behind, because I've only just seen the gorgeous butterflies from last week too! Stunning cards, both of them x

Highland Monkey's said...

It's amazing what you can pack into 2". That is so nice and very creative.

~Tammy~ said...

I adore silhouettes! This is amazing!

Sherry said...

That's one classy card! (I still have no idea what a 'digi' is though - ssshh, don't tell anyone - lol) x

Merry said...

Love it this is stunning.