Sunday, February 10, 2013

Shine a light.

Over at Craft Scene this month the theme is to make a scene with a lighthouse. Nancy asked me if I would like to be a Guest Designer for February and I jumped at the chance. How difficult can that be  I thought! 

 I have used a stamp by Stampendous which comes in two parts, the scene and the wording.  I die cut an oval from the front of the card and stamped the wording to the side of it. 
The stamped image is on a separate sheet behind the window and has been coloured in using Distress Markers and Pearlescent chalks.  I used my Scor-Pal to make the borders.
Why not join in the challenge . You have all of February to complete  your project . Full details can be found here 
Entering this card  into the following challenges:
Pin and Tack: Anything Goes.
The Crafty Bloggers Network: Anything Goes.
Challenges 4  Everybody: Anything  Goes. 

13 comments:

Fiona said...

hello Mrs A...hope you are well?? This is so pretty...love that little lighthouse image!

Fi
x

Ali said...

The lighthouse scene is lovely. All your lovely designs make me think I should have a go. Have a lovely week. Ali x

Debbie said...

Just delightful Mrs A. Love the image and the way it is inside the oval and the long sentiment works beautifully with it. I like doing this type of border with a scoreboard, I made evening engagment invites with this design and it always looks so classy.
Debbiex

Di said...

I LOVE this Mrs A - it reminds me of St. Mary's lighthouse in Northumberland (near Whitley Bay). Beautifully made and coloured too.

'Ere - your black cat to the right just made me jump, it miaowed loudly at me!!

Hugs, Di xx

Catherine said...

This is beautiful Valery Anne ! Love the image and the sentiment too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Jo said...

This is lovely Mrs A xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Mrs A, Many congratulations on your guest appearance for Feb you will do them proud, Now this is stunning what a lovely lighthouse image and l like how you have used an oval die to place the image around it and the sentiment is beautiful and distressing its gorgeous x

Faye said...

Well done on your DT Spot :-) This is a fab card. I love the fresh feel & the texture you have created in the scene. xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I thought you said you didn't do colouring. This is gorgeous!!! And a lovely sentiment and beautiful simple framing. Elegant and lovely. I have been thinking of you today. Hugs, Lesley

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, a lovely scene and what a wonderful sentiment, love it
Lindsay xx

Sylvia said...

Love the image and the sentiment, great colouring. Thank you for joining the challenge this month.

Sylvia
The Crafty Bloggers Network(DT)

Donna said...

Beautiful card Mrs A and beautiful wording. The embossed borders are the perfick finish for your CAS design :) Donna ♥ x

Dora said...

hello,
so nice that you have been a guest-designer on craft a scene.
beautiful card have you show me.
I find the stamp beautiful and you colored so nice!
greetings Dora