Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Nearly Always Open.

Oops sorry is that really the time! Should have posted this sooner but I changed my mind about the image and went in search for another one at 2 o'clock in the morning would you believe  and then had to wait for the download to arrive ,so this is either very late for last week or early for this one. Anyways this is another tale from The Docs mishaps pile.
 
Working close to the town centre meant that we could both  pop to the shops in our lunch hour. This particular day The Doc decided to call into the supermarket for a few items we had run short of so armed with his list off he went. As he only wanted a few items a wire basket sufficed his needs and having found the correct isle selected a carton of creamer and went in search  of the bread and cakes. He soon became aware of some muttering going on in the one of the isles he had vacated but thought nothing of it only catching a few words here and there about what a mess and how  someone should report it. He was just about to grab the loaf of bread he wanted when a firm hand gripped his shoulder and the store detective said in a rather loud voice "I think you need to come with me out the back Sir so we can clean you up and also we need to close the Isle where you have been". On looking down at his basket  (that he had been gaily swinging as he consulted his list) The Doc saw to his horror that the creamer had tipped on its side, caught on the wire  and had poured out onto the floor in a trail of destruction  behind him and had  also dripped down his coat and over his shoe! It took 15mins to reopen after cleaning the floor and The Doc up!!
Digi image by Handmade Harbour
Coloured using Promarkers and Pearlescent chalks.
Backing paper by Raspberry Road adhered to cardboard and distressed round edges.
Bakers twine, cardboard  and pearls from stash
Sentiment generated in word.

You may be able to work out from the colours used which local supermarket The Doc was in!
 
Entering into the following challenges:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #81: Use your snippets. (B.P.glued to oddment of cardboard)
One Stitch At A Time #172: Use a digi.
A Gem Of A Challenge #88: Spots stripes or both
Cas-ual Fridays #109: Polka Dots.





27 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness...my DH would have nearly died on the spot! Yours must have felt 2 inches high! lolĂ 

Great image and he will get a chuckle of of this one!

Ali said...

Oh how embarrassing did he dare go in the shop again? Another lovely card!
Ali x

Di said...

Oh Mrs A - I can just imagine how the Doc wanted the supermarket floor to open up and swallow him! Good job he didn't have any thoughts of shop lifting on his mind - that would have been one very easy 'nick' with the trail he was leaving!

Love your card - and I know which supermarket it is, ner, ner, ner! And that's a brilliant digi image you used.

Looks as if numbers for the water fight are well biased to Playmates being on your team Mrs A. We'd all prefer to be behind you than in front of you :)

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Oooer it's me again Mrs A! I just went and peeked at Handmade Harbour. Don't they have some great images, and the prices are reasonable too - thanks for the link!

Hugs, Di xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,such a lovely image,fab colours.xxx

Sandra H said...

"WOW" It was worth the wait what a fab image and beautifully coloured too x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

That is a very serious Ooops! I bet he does not want to go back there again. How embarrassing. Thank you for your visit this week and encouraging comments. Strangely enough, the water board did turn up this morning with their camera equipment and checked the whole system. Fortunately, it was all clear for now, but I do know now who to chase if we get a problem. Hope your cat does not get too upset. I think my dogs will be a bit miffed when the roof is done, as they will then move into the garden to complete or redo the base Geoff had started for the new greenhouse. While that work is on, the dogs will have to stay inside to keep them safe and make sure they do not scarper out of the gate. I am on a roll now, sorting out all the little unfinished things to be done. Good luck with your work. xx Maggie

Bonnie said...

Oops! Hope he doesn't make messes like that at home! What a perfect digi!

Unknown said...

This is such a super cute card..but poor Doc!!! *lol* Sorry, couldn't help myself laughing....=) Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

Kathleen said...

Your poor Hubby, great story but no idea what the shop is.
Lovely colouring and a fab image.

Kath x

Karen Petitt said...

OMG - had a similar incident myself and it's so mortifying! What I don't get is why the other shoppers never stop you to say something lol!
Gorgeous card Mrs A - fab scene Karen x

ann @ studiohyde said...

Haha...or do I mean 'Oh No!'. Part of me wants to laugh about it and the other part thinks how embarrassing that must have been. Will they allow him back in, and if so does everyone run for a mop when he enters the shop!!! I can hear them shouting "Quick, check the tops are on the cream pots", lol.

Createology said...

Great little bakery card. I saw Lori of elviestudio.blogspot.com use this twine and she put two little half hole punches at each end to hold the twine in place. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Sylvia Blum said...

So sweet and pretty!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

Amanda said...

Gorgeous card and that tale certainly put a smile on my face. I used to be a customer service manager for a large supermarket chain and have a lot of stories but none that messy lol. Hugs, Amanda x

Hettie said...

Bwahahahahahhaaaaahhhaahah! I bet the shop assistants weren't too happy though, being an ex-one of those!
So it wasn't Harrods then??!!
xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh, poor Doc! It must have been embarassing. The card is gorogeus Mrs A.

Have a great day sweetie!

Love
Maarit

Do What You Love said...

Hello Mrs. A. I love these endearing stories to no end. Poor Doc...it's great to have a giggle now that it's over, isn't it? Hopefully he was able to finish his shopping. heehee...I love your card and how they work so well with the stories. You're such a clever lady. Your granddaughter's birthday card is beautiful! I love that pouty little image and the hues. Gorgeous, just gorgeous! I can't believe she's three! I remember when your son was expecting because he used to visit Fluff's site and banter back and forth with everyone. How lovely to have a little darling girl and grandson in your lives. Fantastic! Thanks for stopping by; love that you haven't forgotten me. :)

Liz McGuire, said...

Except they weren't really open all hours - they were closed for 15 mins that day!! Great story, brilliant card,

Liz x

Cathy said...

Sweet image Mrs A. perfect for your story, hope all was forgiven!! Cathy x

Sarn said...

Terrific card. xxx

MaryH said...

Oh poor Doc. Must have had a very red face. Can just picture this mayhem. Bless his heart. I always get a chuckle out of your yarns. How you make the story fit your theme image is beyond me! Love this card...good hunting on your digi too. We must each be night owls, and oh yes, I want to be on the A team. I can duck real well...ok, so not as fast as I used to be, but still a bit agile! I don't own a waterpistol, but I'm pretty good with a water hose! TFS & giving me a nice chuckle this evening. Hugs

Kelly Griglione said...

What a wonderful scene and story! So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jingle said...

Very cute card! Thanks so much for joining us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Helen said...

A great card and such a sweet image.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen x

Darnell said...

Poor Doc! Or should I say, "Pour Doc!" It's one of those tales that is terribly NOT funny at the time, but that one can look back on and laugh about afterwards! Thank you for sharing in your wonderful way, Mrs. A! Hope you are feeling well. I've heard the heat over there has gone bonkers and I hope it cools off soon!!

Ali said...

Oh bless, that sounds like just the kind of daft thing I'd do! :lol:

Great card, thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks for joining in with the Use a Digi challenge at OSAAT this week and good luck!

Ali