Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Some more Spots and Stripes.

My Butterfly Challenge still has another week to run
so here are a couple of more cards for your inspiration.
 
The Technique Twist  current challenge is to  make a
Building Blocks card.
As I'm always on the look out for new card shapes to try out I thought I would give this one a go.
There is an excellent tutorial on Split Coast Stampers
which I found mega  easy to follow. In fact I didn't  even use my Xcutter  just sissors.
I used plain card stock for the base in both yellow and Green.
DP. is from 'Pretty Pansies' collection by Nancy watt.
Embossed Stickers by Papermania
this time in a yellow/brown/ cream colour way
again a prezzie from blogging pal Lesley.
Yellow butterflies punched using a Tonic Punch and already  in my stash
along with the cream bows.

Close up of the front of card.
Entering into the following challenges:
The Technique Twist #28 building block cards.
A Gem of a Challenge #124 Spots and Stripes (plz use both).
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #134 Use up your snippets. (tonic punched butterflies.)
Scribble and Scrap #23 Anything goes.
Crafting from The Heart #28 Anything goes.
Sister Act #66 Anything goes.
Really Reasonable Ribbons #99 Things with wings and ribbon.
Tuesday Taggers # Things with wings.
 
For my second card I have used a design
(pealing back papers)
That I have been meaning to try out  for ages.
I thought it would work perfectly on this card.
 
The stripe paper is a freebie from Papercraft Magazine called Candy-Cute.
I layered this on to a blank card base and then roughed up the edges with my handy gadget.
Spotty paper is two papers stuck back to back and cut just slightly smaller .
Again the edges have been distressed and also the slit which has been turned back
to allow the base paper to show through.
Sentiment is  a freebie from Beyond The Fringe given the same treatment.
Gold foil butterflies are  a topper by Dufex
Ribbon trim , pearls and flowers from my stash.
 
Entering into the following challenges.
That Craft Place# Anything goes.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #134 Use up your snippets (pink bow ribbon).
Use Your Stuff #145 Layers.
Through the Craft Room Door # Anything goes.
Fan-Tastic Tuesday #45 Anything goes.
Charisma Cardz #15 Anything goes.
Crafting At The Weekend #3 Anything goes.
 
Hope I have inspired you to play along .
Hugs Mrs A. 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 




37 comments:

Amanda said...

This is stunning! I love the butterflies!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love both your cards...the butterfly zipper is so stylish and elegant and love the pop up. Thank you so much for the tutorial link-- off to explore
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Mynn xx said...

This is AWESOME! LOVE the fun fold and all the beautiful elements! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Alyx said...

Fab card, love the fold. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Irene said...

Beautiful cards Mrs. A with fabulous elements.
luv
irene
xxxx

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous cards as always mrs A beautiful designs and full of lots of lovely details x

Catherine said...

Your cards are beautiful Valery Anne ! Love the shapes ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Terria said...

Oh my goodness , this card is so detailed. I love it !! Thank you so much for playing along @ the twist! Your card is awesome:)

Cat's sCrap said...

What wonderful pink butterflies ! Elegant realization. Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz today !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

MagsB said...

Two lovely cards! I love the shape of the first one, and the pretty colours on the second. Great work!!

love Mags B x

Jean said...

Two very pretty cards. I like the pink one best with the turned back tear and pretty pink butterflies.
Jean x

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A! will have to try and fit in a challenge but have had too much sun I think I've been feeling a bit off :( huggles Sue xx

scrappymo! said...

Two gorgeous makes. That first one is such a neat fold...will have to give this a try. Would also be perfect for spelling out a name.

The second one is stunning. Love the way the butterflies get larger!

The distressed edges and the folded back tenique looks wonderful.

Sherry said...

Both beautiful! I like unusual shaped cards (not that I make many!), and these two are great x

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a beautiful butterfly...and I love the way you framed the image! Thanks so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Di said...

Two brilliant cards Mrs A! I adore the building blocks one - need to check out that tute! And your pink card is just fabulous - it looks rather like a ladies blouse with delightful butterflies down the front!

Hope you ain't melting in this heat!

Hugs, Di xx

Hazel said...

Love the folds. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July challenge with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card. The butterflies look wonderful. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Carol L said...

What a fantastic pair of gorgeous cards! I especially like the zipper design on #2! You've really wowed me with both of these today!

Bonnie said...

That's the finest step card I've seen! And I love all that yellow!

Greta said...

2 lovely cards with so many beautiful details!

JD/ Jill said...

You've made two fabulouse cards! I saw the building blocks card tutorial at SCS, but it looked difficult to me, and haven't tried it yet. But you sure knew how to make a lovely card with that fold... I like the colors in your second card and pretty design too.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow these are stunning creations. Just love how you did the sentiment on the steps in the first and the butterflies are just so beautiful on the second.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Anonymous said...

Looks like you put a lot of thought and detail into your building block card, it's full of inspiration. Thank you for joining us at the TEchnique Twist Challenge this week.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kandy's Krafts said...

Gorgeous cards. Thank you so much for sharing at Crafting at the Weekend.

Highland Monkey's said...

The cards look gorgeous as usual. Have a great week.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I really like both these cards. I was about to say I love the colours on the first and then I saw the pretty second, and now I can't say. Loving the design on the pink one x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mrs A. Two gorgeous cards, and the top one is a great shape, might just have to check out that tutorial. Love the butterfly image.
Avril xx
p.s. Thanks for linking this to TioT

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

They are fabulous MrsA, I've seen so many joining your challenge, do I dare to have a try with the Building Block card? Anyhow, I'm growing a bit tired of Christmas cards at the moment, so I'll pick up all butterfly stamps to see where it ends.


Warm hugs
Maarit

Debs Willis said...

These are both lovely but I'm definitely voting the pink one as my fave!! Live the colour scheme & the shimmery butterflies.
Hugs
Debs

Nikki Acton said...

Fabulous cards! Thanks for sharing at TIOT. Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Two beautiful creations...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
Helen x

Helen said...

An amazing creation - very clever construction.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen N

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a brilliant design.
Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge for our Spots and Stripes Challenge - make sure you check back today to see the new challenge.
Pauline
x

Merry said...

Two wonderful techniques. I will have to give that building block card a try. And just love the second card with the Butterflies on the front.