I went to an Andy Skinner workshop in Fareham
and we made these Vintage Burlap Journals.
I had a lovely time getting all distressed and mucky!
Can't tell you much about the process
as I was so busy following directions I forgot
to make a note of the all the different glues, pastes, dies,
paints and mediums we were using.
The one thing that has stuck in my mind is those
rivets holding the fake metal plates onto the front.
They are actually flat back pearls that we grudged up .
They look very authentic.
The image is a photo pre made to look distressed
and was supplied by Andy as was all the materials.
Boy did we get through shovel loads of the stuff!!
The hessian came supplied in sheets attached to card
so was easy to work with.
As we had 2 strips over from cutting to fit the covers
we made a couple of book marks.
You can see the spine of the journal
which we aged to match the front.
The flowers were meant to be died a yellow/orange
but I created such a fuss about them needing to be pink
that Andy relented and let me have pink ones Yay!
(Probably got my card marked now!!).
A close up of the bookmarks.
I had such a great time I have booked another class
this time at The Craft Barn for the end of August with Rachel Snook.
We will be using Masks and different ways to apply them.