Wednesday, August 27, 2014

With Sentiments.

The new challenge over at my Butterfly Challenge is
for butterflies as the focal point with a sentiment .
 
These are the 3 cards I made to showcase.
 
This is for a family Birthday so will be going off in the post a.s.a.p.
I have had this  decoupage sheet in my stash for ages just waiting to be used.
Designed by Michelle Johnson and printed by Craftsuprint.
The sheet came with the base base, 3 extra butterflies and layers of the dress.
Plus a choice of sentiment.
I layered  the base onto navy pearlised  120gsm cardstock
 which I then adhered to a card base.
I decoupaged the butterflies and the tail of the dress
and added Glamour dust to the edges.
Not showing up here very clearly but does IRL.
I attached the butterflies just by the bodies so that the wings could be folded up
and added some silver gems to the swirls on the background.
Sentiment was adhered using 3d pads and given a coating of Glamour dust too.
 
Entering into the following challenges:
Moving Along With  The Times # Feeling a little vintage.
Pile It On #34 Best Wishes/Congratulaions.
Sister Act #71 Anything goes.
Susy Bee's Bloomin Challenge #43 Anything goes.
Scribble and Scrap #25 Anything goes.
Crafting At The Weekend #4 Anything goes.
 
 
My 2nd card is again  a sheet from Craftusprint
Designed by June Young.
Had  in my stash for ages.
I do like to try out different card shapes.
This one came ready printed so I just needed to  glue the sheet to card stock.
I had the bright idea of popping it  into the airing cupboard to dry the glue.
Guess what?  It buckled so I then had to get the iron out and iron it flat again.
Less haste more speed!!
The tricky bit was cutting the inside free.
I'm not sure what this fold is called.
The sentiment came with the sheet so I just adhered to card stock, trimmed
and  attached to the card and added pearls.
The butterflies I just added a line of glue to the antenna and glamour dusted
Pearls added for the heads.
The card still looked a bit plain so I wrapped twine round the folds and tied in a bow.
I think if I did this card again from scratch I would make a couple of design changes.
 
Entering into the following challenges:
My Craft Creations# Anything goes.
Ooh-La-La Creations #163 Fancy folds.
Tuesday Taggers # Use your stash.
Glitter 'N' Sparkle #99 use some butterflies.
Lets Craft and Create  #96 Anything goes.
Crafty Calender # Anything goes.
My last card .
The design paper is by Hunkdory from their Flutterby wishes pack
This particular sheet has all the  bellishments  already added.
The sentiment came in  the pack  too/
I layered onto a pink paper and then to a card base.
Added tiny gems to the butterflies .
A really quick card.
 
Here is a close up showing the 3d effect on the butterflies.
Etnering into the following challenges:
Card Mainia #54 Butterflies and bows.
Fan - Tastic Tuesday #50 Anything goes.
Bearly Mine # Anything goes.

36 comments:

Di said...

Oooooh, gorgeous cards Mrs A! I love fancy folds - and a great theme too. Sentiments are nice and open. Be back ASAP!

Hugs, Di xx

Viv said...

Am back in Internet Access Land finally! Great cards - all three but the first is my absolute fave! x

Hettie said...

That first card is gorgeous Mrs A! Very soft and dreamy. The second one is nice but I favour the first.
Hugs
xx

Sandra H said...

"WOW" Mrs A gosh you have been busy with all of your wonderful creations and so lovely to see your fancy fold card the butterflies on the 1st card are stunning as is the image 2nd card equally gorgeous butterflies the cutting must of been time keeping 3rd card the butterflies again and the papers are stunning truly another great challenge to share take care xx

zandra said...

Beautimus!Love the cards and the butterflies. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

Carol said...

Three gorgeous cards Mrs A. The first is very opulent, love the fold on the second and the colour combo is very pretty on the third. Carol x

Mandy said...

Thank you for joining in with our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Your cards look absolutely amazing!

Carole said...

Super card, thanks for playing along with our 'Vintage' Challenge @ MAWTT this week. Good Luck
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Margreet said...

What a beautiful cards Mrs A!
xxx Margreet

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah these are all super, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this fortnight.Love Hazel (Didos) xx

Sue said...

Oh wow such fab cards Mrs A I love the first one!!!! huggles Sue xxx

Jacee said...

Such beautiful cards, you have been busy, great work!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love them all but I think number one is my favourite:)

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mrs. A, you have been busy this is a fabulous set of cards, love them all! and of course all with beautiful butterflies.
Thanks for linking up with TioT
Avril xx


Carol L said...

You've been busy making more gorgeous butterfly cards! I just love the fancy fold card! I have my coffee in hand, and I'll be right over for some of that blackberry crumble :)

Kathleen said...

Mmm so many butterflies but I have to say that the first card is really lovely and I do like those shiny butterflies but my favorite are the pink ones, I really like those which is praise indeed coming from me. lol.

Kath x

Highland Monkey's said...

Lots of pretty cards. Butterflys are so versatile to use and can be colourful, or subtle, which ever you need for the project.

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! Beautfiul cards...I really like that first one...so Stunning!

Karen Petitt said...

All three are stunning and I do love an unusual fold, provided I don't have to make it! A really beautiful card which I am sure will be loved and treasured Karen x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow these are all just stunning and so elegant. Butterflies never looked so beautiful.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

All three of these cards are beautiful, but that first really caught my eye. I can's stop looking at it. You're a little early for my birthday though... ;) xx

MRS DUCK said...

My goodness Mrs A
You have been very busy!
All three are smashing but I am wow-ed by your fancy folds card.
Have a great day.
Ang x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creations, love the dress one it's stunning, the colours and images used are just beautiful.
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Blossom Cards said...

lovely cards thanks for sharing with SBC this week Rachel dt

MaryH said...

Wow! That's all I can say about each of the 3 beautiful cards! Am loving all that shimmer on #1 (and love the very subtle clock background with the blue lady & her pearly butterflies). #2's folds had my mouth hanging open, because that must have been tricky cutting indeed. Beautiful effect to show off the wonderful butterflies. #3 was lovely with the pinks & blues and the dimension you have on the pink flowered butterfly. Simply gorgeous - all 3 cards. TFS & Hugs

Dawn said...

3 lovely cards, but my fav is the last one. Thanks for playing with us at Bearly Mine this month x

Unknown said...

amazing thanks for joining us at sisteract and I hope to see more from you
hugs Tonnie DT

Dawn said...

Three beautiful cards! Thnks for playing in the Fancy Folds challenge at Ooh La La Creations this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I love all of your cards! Thanks for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

Andreja said...

Absolutely gorgeous card you made! I like all butterflys :-))
Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge!
Hugs, Andreja

Alyx said...

So beautiful. Love the butterflies. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Bonnie said...

Elegant, classy and fanciful! Three beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

Wow, wow, wow, what stunning cards.

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your lovely creations - hope to see you again soon x

Darnell said...

I've been doing a lot of gramma duties so I've been a bad visitor, but tonight I've had a chance to catch up. Your work is always so interesting, Mrs. A, from the new pendant making all the way to where I left off. I just had to stop on this post because your beautiful glamour lady in her stunning blue gown just took my breath away. I can't even imagine creating something like that!! You awemaze me!! Hugs, Darnell

kenli said...

Beautiful cards. I love the colors you chose. So cute. Thank you for playing at Card mania Challendges.