Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Yellow Xanthine

It is  a new Theme
over at my Butterfly Challenge

#45 Butterflies + X is for Xanthine.

Yes the dreaded letter X has arrived
but let me explain.

Xanthine =  The yellow colouring matter found in certain plants as in Yellow Madder.
(Madder is from the Genus Rubia and has small yellow flowers, whorled leaves and a reddish brown root.)

So I would like to see Yellow butterfly/s  and  also a splash of yellow on your project somewhere.  Where and how you put the yellow is entirely up to you.  (i.e ribbon, gems, paper  etc.)

Here are my inspiration cards for you.

I recently did an on line  Different Card Folds
class by 'Shirley Pando'.
A few of the folds I already knew but I have 
been making my way through each of the 24 cards shown
These are 2 shapes I have revisited.

Criss Cross Fold Card.

Amanda who is my Guest Designer for this challenge
not only sent me the journal she made as a present 
but  enclosed extra goodies for me to play with as well.
These silver/gold foil buterflies were one of them.

I cut  the card base shape from yellow  card stock.
The digi papers are by Pink Petticoat who are 
sadly closing their shop at the end of the year.
This design is called Dandeline Clocks from 
the Isabelline collection.

I made a tag using my SU Tag topper punch
to go inside the envelope fold.
Gems and ribbon from my stash.
Thankyou sentiment is a gold sticker.

Entering into the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew #103 Anything goes.
Deep Ocean Challenge #119 Anything goes.
Inspiration Destination #66 Anything goes.



2nd card is a Z fold Card.
Amanda  also enclosed a packet of 
Burlap mini butterflies in cream and brown.
I have used a few of the cream ones here.
I coloured the top petals with a yellow promarker pen
and then  ran some platinum stickles as an outline
round the edges. They really do sparkle.

Card base is cut from yellow  pearlescent card stock.
Design paper is by Rasberry Road  a magazine freebie.
Edging is gold sticker in a rope design.
Front die cut is by Cheery Lynn Designs 
from their Sentiment Frame #2 set.

The middle and back page are Spellbinders
Medallion six die cuts .

Yellow ribbon and the  With Love gold sticker
from my stash.
Hope I have given you some ideas on 
X is for Xanthine!
Entering into the following challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs #217 Anything goes.
Crafty Gals Corner #52 Anything goes.
Create and Inspire #36 Anything goes.
Mod Squad Challenge # Antything goes with  at least one die cut.

24 comments:

Di said...

Oh, how lovely Mrs A! And so the big X mystery is revealed :-) Two fabulous cards!
Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

Two beauties Valery Anne, I love using hues of yellow so would love to join in, time being an issue as off to CHA shortly, but will do my best.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

B x

Liz said...

Just beautiful, Mrs A, so much detail. I wondered what you would come up with for 'X'. :-) xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beautiful theme and so lovely to see bright and cheerful yellow projects in such wintry weather
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, these cards are both wonderful!! How many beautiful details! Love the two different layouts, and this warm yellow is so sweet in this time! The silver-gold butterflies looks so lovely!
I like so much the designed papers you used, expecially that of the Z fold card. Great inspirations!

Veerle said...

Love both your cards but the criss cross is my favourite. Hugs, Veerle x

Jacee said...

So lovely, great colour, fabulous makes!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Margo said...

I love your nice summer cards !
They bring a little colour in these dark days !
Greetz
Margo

Amy Voorthuis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Voorthuis said...

What a beautiful creations you have made! I really love the colors and design. Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge this week at the Cheery Lynn Designs blog and good luck hugs Amy xox

Kathleen said...

You must spend a lot of time reading your Dictionary, these are fabulous, I do love the colours and the papers and I find it quite sad that yellow is not used enough on cards.

Kath x

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely, thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

aussie aNNie said...

Sweetness here and cute shape which I love and colours.
Happy New Year to you and yours. xx
{aNNie}

Createology said...

Not only do I get to admire your gorgeous Butterfly card I am able to learn a new word. Thank You. Happy New Year Dear...

Viv said...

Lovely creations Mrs A! Thanks for not abandoning me during 2015 whilst my blog visits have been all over the place and Happy New Year. x

Donna said...

Beautiful and pretty cards Mrs A, I love the bright, cheery colours and the folds are so refreshing to see! I hope you had an amazing Christmas and I'm wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year! Donna ♥ x

KandA said...

These are beautiful Mrs A. and a great 'X' for the butterfly challenge.
Wishing you a very happy new year xx

Brenda in IN said...

Your cards always leave me with my mouth hanging open in awe and these are no exception. I love how your cards are so unique. I'm sending you Blessings for a safe, happy and healthy 2016. Thank you for all the support you have sent me during this sad time. Hugs to you.

Kathy Krug said...

Love your sunny yellow cards and the folds. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week.

Greta said...

Wow! Yellow is not my favorite color, but oh my goodness--these are both just stunning, Mrs. A!

Debbie's Time Out said...

Love the design of this card. It is a bright and cheery card. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

Amy Cohen said...

Absolutely stunning- I adore the colors. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

R's Rue said...

So great!
www.scoopfromahandicapper.blogspot.com

Karen C said...

Simply stunning! Love butterflies and you have really done them justice! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
Hugs,
Karen C