Friday, March 04, 2016

Fly High

I've been chasing my tail all week.
I'm a tad late but here is my 
2nd Inspiration piece  for my butterfly challenge.



I made the glittered background following 
a tutorial by Christina Griffiths.
I love Christina's tutorials they are so easy and concise.
The base card is a pale pink 6" sq.that I cut down to 5.25"sq.
I used the off cut to make the sentiment banner with a stamp  from
a butterfly set by Sheena Douglass 'Butterfly Effect'.
The butterflies are the negative inserts from lasts weeks card
+ one extra. (just in case your counting.) Still sat on my desk!
The glitters are a pretty pink and purple that came free in 
a magazine a few years ago now. There are 6 colours in the set.
Pink pearls are from my stash
Punch for the sentiment is Su's  Modern Label.
It took 6 goes to get the sentiment centered and not smudged!!
Hope this inspires you to enter a card
You have until  next Tuesday to  play along.

Entering into the following challenges:
2 Creative Chicks #8 Anything goes.
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Creative Ladybirds #13 Anything goes.
Sparkle N Sprinkle # Anything goes,
Addicted To Stamps #121 Glitter and bling.
Glitter 'n' Sparkle #177 Things with wings.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #218 Use up your snippets (left over butterfly cutouts).
Artistic Inspirations #151 Anything goes.
Craft Your Passion #301 Anything goes, 
Through The Craft Room Door # Anything goes.
Moving Along With The Times #15 Purple Haze.

25 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very wonderful card, and that glittery background is great.
Love the fab colours, and the wonderful design.
Yes you are so right her tutorials are so easy to follow.
I have got 2 hats on for this comment.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

brenda said...

Very striking design and colours Mrs A. I have the challenge card still on my to do list but not confident I will get there this time as had an overnight in hospital this week and back tomorrow so time somewhat limited.

B b

Regina said...

This is brilliant!! I love the glitter paper! And butterflies are the first sign of Spring!
Regina

Veerle said...

Beautiful card ValeryAnne, and thank you so much for entering it into our bling challenge.
Hugs, Veerle DT - Addicted To Stamps Challenges

Lia said...

What a great idea for this challenge. I love it!
My card is on it's way...!
Lia xx

Wendy L said...

Fab Purple card, great design, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Mac Mable said...

Wow...really fabulous and a stand out card x

Hazel said...

A lovely card with lots of purple bling! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Hazel x

Di said...

Oh this is lovely Mrs A! And thanks for the link too - first I've heard of Christina - clever lady!

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very beautiful design, love the idea of the glittered background! thank for the link to the video.
Fab butterflies and sentiment!

Brenda in IN said...

No work for me today. This is my break. This is a beautiful shimmery card with such pretty colors. I also love that gorgeous return to sender card. I tried and tried to copy and paste the Turkish silk box on my blog so I could enter but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Congratulations to the winner. Probably be a while before I'll get back here but your cards are lovely and I like all the Christmas ones you posted too.

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very beautiful. I love the colors you have used. The background is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

AlisonC said...

I love a two week challenge! My card is still in my head. Yours is so pretty and well done for using up the inserts it"s amazing what is lying around, here anyway. I like the pink and purple.

Liz said...

Lovely card, Mrs A. Love the design. xx

Craftychris said...

So much sparkle! Gorgeous! xxx

MagsB said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Mrs A! I agree with you about Christina Griffiths' tutorials, they are so clear and easy to follow!

love Mags B x

Donna Ellis said...

oooooh! Loving that sparkliness, Mrs. A! I also like how you incorporated now only glitter, but two grape colors! beautiful! hugs, de

Merry said...

So fantastic…love all the glitter triangles, I will have to give that a go.

Greta said...

Oh wow--I just love the glittery background, Mrs. A!

Michelle said...

I love the background. It looks great with the butterflies.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Good luck, Michelle (DT)

Karen C said...

So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
Hugs,
Karen C

Gale said...

Lovely card Mrs. A. Love the glittered background. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations and we hope you join us again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Sol said...

Beautiful Glitter Background.. Sentiment is Perfect! Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol

applejack cards by sue said...

Loving those butterflies, a really lovely card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Creative Ladybirds Creations. Sue DT

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Very cute card, wonderful butterflies. Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.

Sue - 2 Creative Chicks DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/