Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Cyan Butterflies.


There is a new theme  at the Butterfly Challenge.


The colour Cyan is midway between blue and green.
Here is the card I made for your inspiration.

Not at all how it started out as that was a complete disaster.This is the revised version.
I have used a pink pearlised card base which I have used tent style and die cut the centre out using Spellbinders Majestic Elements 'Marvelous Squares'. The checkered paper is a freebie from Simply cards and Papercrafts by Nitwit from their Spring Whimsy Collection. The butterflies were on my desk and had previously been punched from some paper I had  Marbled. The strips of cyan card were from the card I first started and was really just playing around with them on this card but I rather liked the effect so they stayed put!  I used an SU punch to cut the backing for the sentiment and pearls from my stash. As I have used snippets I'm off to the playground to join in the fun and make sure Miss Di is not telling tales about me. (I still don't see what the objection to the plastic bags was. I thought it was a good idea myself!!) We did have fun on our Weekend escape and laughed till we cried. Next time we are set loose I'm taking a spare pair of knickers with me !!







Entering the following challenges:
Pixie' Crafty Workshop #249. Use your snippets. (butterflies and cyan card stock)

19 comments:

Di said...

Lovely card! I can go with the cyan part but not sure if I have any checkered papers 😕

As for the plastic bags idea, just didn't fancy slipping and breaking me neck to be honest. Plus looking a right wally did add to the aversion! Yup, we sure had a few Tena Moments! Huge fun indeed.

Thanks for managing to join in thr Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

It's lovely Mrs A and a super design. Love the marbled butterflies. Tena moments by Di made me laugh - I almost had one myself! Barbxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Valery, loving the colours and design, Kate x

Lia said...

Ha! A big smile by reading your message of today! It seems so nice to me visiting a show with friends and having a good time together!
Your card is so nice and original!!
Lia xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have had a clever idea with these stripes of cyan crossed inside the frame as a trellis! Love the marbled butterflies and the papers! Beautiful design!

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very gorgeous card, and a I really like your wonderful design.
I think maybe you had better take some Tena's with you next time.
Not the money type though. LOL.
I told you not to laugh too much didn't I, but I am so glad you had a very lovely time.
Where's Norm these days ? I miss him.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Createology said...

I love this card because it includes two of my most favorites...Butterflies and Blue/cyan. Lovely dear...

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hehe Mrs A thanks to you I am learning new colors!!

Zue said...

I always liked the colour cyan and the word cyan too.
We have had a lot of butterflies in the garden recently but I think they are starting to dwindle now.
I like your little peachy butterflies.
Sue xxx

KandA said...

Fabulous card Mrs A and I love the butterflies. Seems like you and Di had lots of laughs and some fun 'friends' time together xx

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful creation and just love the sweet butterflies as always...x
 {aNNie}

Sandra H said...

This is another of your gorgeous creations Mrs A..... l expected you had lots of laughter and great fun with great friends too! sending lots of love x

Greta said...

Love the shimmery cardstock & beautiful butterflies, Mrs A! I sure would have loved to be with you & Ms Di--can only imagine how much fun you had!

Greta said...

& your blog header is one of my favorites! I'd love it for mine--pink & roses--just perfect!

Brenda in IN said...

I'm laughing at the antics from your trip! Wish there were more pictures of all this fun. Your card is a great design and I love the marbling of the butterflies. That is a lovely rose on your blog header.

Sue - said...

Pretty card Mrs A. I'm still chuckling at the picture in my mind of you and Miss Di and the plastic bags!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Ooo, I've missed the plastic bag story Mrs A, got to check it out, I'm sure you had a wonderful time.

The card is lovely with the gorgeous design and the pearlised paper.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Barb said...

Your card looks really pretty. It's a lovely design too. Barbxx

Donna said...

What a stunning card, sounds like a lovely weekend!