Sunday, October 02, 2016

Festive Birds.


Time once more for the girls in the Christmas Card Club to show our latest cards. It was my turn to set  the theme and I chose 'Festive Birds'.
So straight to my box of used christmas card fronts and I found this dove card. It really didn't need much added to it so I just trimmed it down gave it some fancy corners and attached to gold card stock.
Then I gave it an acetate front which I trimmed with some gold sticker edging. Ribbon from my stash.
Below you can see the open card.

As I am also trying to use all my christmas stash of stamps/digis for my cards I had a search of my files and found this digi by Just Inklined called 'Goose and Ganda'. I coloured the image fairly CAS using my promarkers. I adhered to Gold fleck card stock which I then attached to red card stock.
Again I have used acetate for the front of the card. Gold sentiment and Sticker edging from my stash along with the yellow ribbon.

 Here is a view of the open card.


I can't wait to see what my teamies have made.
 Iv'e scheduled this post as when you read it I will still be in Coventry with Miss Di. and Kim. We have been on a Hunkydory workshop and a spending spree no doubt  at  the ensuing Craft Fayre. Wer'e  meeting up with the lovely Barb as well. Iv'e promised not to touch any of the soap dispensers or any display stands but we are taking craft knives with us for the workshop so watch this space.!!








Entering the following challenges:

Penny's Paper Crafty ~297 Winter Christmas

10 comments:

dutchess said...

Well I hope you are having a fabulous day! Loving the two cards ..one soft and gentle and then your fun goose card...just such a great image!....lovely bright colours...thanks for a great challenge xxxxx

MaryH said...

Thanks for a fun challenge. I've enjoyed seeing some gorgeous cardinals, (which would have been my choice if I'd gotten my act together sooner!)Love how you've used the recycled bits to make wonderful new cards. Your way with acetate is amazing. Adding the gold borders around the acetate, certainly sets off the framing too. Great images on both of these, and I like that you've used a 'serene peaceful dove' along with the fun festive geese. And just loving BOTH of your new redesigned blogs! Big hugs & TFS

Sue said...

Loving your new 'blog' Mrs A!!! fabulous cards and love the goose lol x sorry I've been missing for a bit I'm trying to get round to do some commenting while I feel up to it..lots of huggles Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hope you haven't spent too much!
Thanks for a lovely challenge, lots of choices for festive birds for us to use.
Your cards are so different but equally as lovely.
Lorraine

AlisonC said...

I love the gold and silver bird image and the geese are cute. Great work.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Valery
Two fabulous cards...love the use of the acetate ...
I come from Coventry ... Where was the workshop...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card Valery. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Di said...

Two fabulous cards! And having now seen thema couple in real life I realise just how clever and professional your acetate covered cards are.

Didn't we have a load of fun at the weekend!

Hugs

Di xx

Christine Harrop said...

Great crads Mrs A. I love the geese. I alos love your scetate work and I keep saying I'll use up some of my stash. Hugs Christine xx

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards. I particularly love the acetate.
Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x