Thursday, September 16, 2010

Esmes' Doll

Faye asked me to make another of these little dolls for Daniels' friend Esme who will be 2yrs old
on 23rd . I did all the machine sewing and then took her to Devon in pieces and made her whilst I was down there this week.



Her face and socks are supposed to be painted but I prefer to embrioder her face and sew strips of felt on her feet to make her socks.



I have cut out the pattern for the netbook cover now and will have a go at doing a Tutorial for it.
Never done one before so if you try following it you may not necessarily end up with a cover!!
Also got a rabbit to repair.
Oh and another confession coming up.

4 comments:

Margreet said...

Oh Mrs. A....this is a real picture.....you know my address????......rofl......a confession???.....so curious!!!
Have a nice day!
xxx Margreet

Sherry said...

What a sweet doll she is! Love her embroidered face - especially the eyes and the feet are too cute! I bet Esme will be thrilled with it - especially as it has her name on it!

Do What You Love said...

Mrs. A., I love your embroidery. Those stitches make the most incredible eyes. I like the fabric for the dress - it is so dainty. The shoes are great, too. You really are such a wonderfully talented woman. Esme will just love it, I'm sure of it! I can't wait to try the tutorial! And...yeah...let's hear another confession. :-)

Faye said...

Esme looks even better IRL. In fact, I keep stroking her when I'm in the snug, which is where she lives (for safety) right now and Esme may not even get her...! ;)xxx