Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Just For You.

Have heard back from Australia that the two swap cards have been received by my partner so I can show the ones that I made in January.
I had loads of bits left over from the card I made on my post Blue your Cares Away (you know, the one with my undwear adorning it) which were still out on my desk so I added a rustic  colour paper to it and made the card below.

 The swap required die cuts to be used  so I made the flowers and leaves from my Crealies
dies Creative flowers CL CF 25 and creative shapes  CL CS 16. The sentiment was produced in word. The card was an odd shape and  would not fit a standard envelope size so I had the idea of making a pocket to hold the card. I had seen how to do it in Simply Cards Magazine. The backing paper and the image came from my Ooh La La Creations Passion for fashion CD . I ran off another sheet of the blue paper  and made the pocket to fit below.

I added another die cut flower, punched a semi circle from the top on each side (to make it easier to withdraw the card) and tied with satin ribbon.
 
Entering into the following:
 
Make It Monday: Linky party #126
Papertake Weekly:  Anything Goes.
Craft Room: Make your own embellishments.
Bearly Mine: Anything Goes
Simon says Stamps: Anything Goes.
Joan's Gardens: Create a vintage card.
Catch the bug: Anything goes.
Joanna Sheen challenges: 3-2-1 3 (3 papers,2 embellishments, 1 image)
Emma's Cards UK: Art Deco.
 
.
 

24 comments:

Margreet said...

Beautiful use of the die cuts Mrs. A
XXX Margreet

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hi Mrs. A! Love your pretty blue and terracotta card. Super image! Fab flower! And your pocket to hold it in is just perfect! Looking forward to Saturday! Don't get a taxi! One of us will collect you! Hugs, Lesley

Faye said...

Super, super pretty, I love the image, perfect with the blues. x

Joan Fricker said...

Very Pretty card. I like the details.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Lori said...

Beautiful card and what a great idea to make a custom fitted pocket for it. I'm sure your swap partner loved it. Thanks for playing along at the Catch the Bug challenge this week. Good luck and please do join us again.
Lori
Bugaboo DT

Viv said...

Pretty art deco card and the pocket was a fab idea!

MagsB said...

Fabulous die-cuts, Mrs A! What an elegant card!

love Mags B x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

An elegant card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room challenge, Suzanne xx

debby4000 said...

beautiful, elegant card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Marjorie said...

Beautiful card Mrs.A... Gorgeous design and such an elegant image...
Thank you so much for joining us this week at 'Make it Monday'...
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

UTs Hobby Time said...

Beautiful card. Nice design and image.

Stephanie said...

Very nice card. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch The Bug this week. Good Luck!

Rosmarie said...

Thanks for stopping by!
I spotted your elegant card on MIM too.

Rosi x

Sandra H said...

Mrs A this is gorgeous the flower is beautiful as is the image and layout x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card...Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen Challenge.
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Mrs A, thank you for sharing with us at Emma's Crafty Challenge this month, good luck xxxx

Maria said...

This is beautiful and so elegant with the matching sleeve I love your handmade flowers! Thanks for sharing such a lovely creation into our Handmade Embellishments challenge over at the Craft-Room. Maria xxxxx

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic and the colour combination rocks. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room XOXO Zoe

Sylvia Anderson said...

Beautiful creations Sweetie, i love the frame x
Thank you for joining in Emmas crafty challenge x

Tammy Miller said...

What a great project, its perfect!! Thanks so much for joining our January Bingo Challenge at CTB! We appreciate you taking the time to join our challenge! Hope to see you again very soon!

KathMF said...

A beautiful card and matching pocket. Thanks for joining in Emma's Crafty Challenge and good luck xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and wish I was the friend in Australia you swap with...where abouts here do you send to....I live in NSW so just interested...cheers, luv aNNie xx

scrappymo! said...

Stunning card and beautiful die cuts!

hazel said...

Beautiful! I love the colours and die cut flowers. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.