Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lets Shop.

Wednesday again and time for another of Mrs A's Bloomers so pull up a chair and stay a while. 
Today I'm back at the same job as before but 5 yrs down the line and gone through a fair few bosses by now but that is not the main story.
The office I worked in was just a stones throw from the High St so it was very convenient  to use you lunch hour for essential shopping! We had a 'Next' at the other end of the street to the office but if you got your skates on you could get down there and back in the hour.  I had seen a dress the day before that I had my eye on and decided I'd go back for it the following day and try it on before buying (as you do). I had a Finance meeting to go to straight after lunch but reckoned I had plenty of time so off  I sped.  Yep they had the dress in my size so a quick whizz into the changing room to try it on. Hmm, did I didn't I . A twirl this way and that and yes I finally decided I would buy it. Gosh was that the time? A quick change, pay at the desk, grab my carrier and a mad dash back up the high street. Phew, made it just in time. 
The meeting duly over I was back sitting at my desk when one of my colleagues walked past and then came back and stood in front of my desk, gave me a strange look and asked 
"Why are you wearing your dress inside out???" . 


Coloured using Promarkers and Pearlescent chalks.
Red Circles paper free from Simply Cards and  Paper crafts.
Green spotty paper by Nitwit 'Spring Whimsy Collection'.
Ribbon and daisy flower from snippets.
Sentiment created in word.




Entering into the following challenges:
Make it Monday #142: Paper crafts.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #74: Use up your snippets.
Lacy Sunshine Challenge #9: Anything goes.
The Squirrel And The Fox #44: Girls, girls, girls.
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #46: Anything goes +ribbon.
Kaboodle Doodles challenge#173: Anything goes.
Craft RoomChallenge: Use your scraps.
Through The Craftroom Door: Anything goes.
Use It Tuesday #56: Anything goes.
Wags'n' Whiskers #104: Anything goes.









29 comments:

Roxann said...

I'm ready to shop! Darling card and I am so glad you shared it at TTCRD.
Hugz,
Roxann

Karen Petitt said...

You mean we're not supposed to show the pretty stitching and tags? lol! And I thought that was the point of the pretty stitches. Gorgeous card, lovely use of snippets - that image is fab Karen x

scrappymo! said...

Oh my...I wonder what the people in the meeting thought you were up to on your lunch hour!

Great image on this card! She looks like a force to be reckoned with and I bet she never puts her dress on inside out!!!

Createology said...

Perfect card for today. For me it is Tuesday Shoesday and I do love new shoes. My husband hears this every week now...Tuesday Shoesday!

MaryH said...

Loved your shopping story! Tee Hee! Your image really rocks with your story. Great card, & TFS

Doreen said...

This is fabulous,the image is gorgeous and love the colours.xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A perfect girly card - who doesn't love a spot of shopping! Thanks for sharing with us at Wags 'n Whiskers Challenges for our Anything Goes Challenge! Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you for our next challenge! Susan x

Alyx said...

Lovely CAS card. Great colours.

Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Merry said...

Another fantastic story. Thanks so much for the smile. Great matching card. :-)

Desire Fourie said...

A wonderful card and there's better for that feel good feeling than a little bit of retail therapy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Catherine said...

You made me laugh again Valery Anne ! Your card is so lovely ! I love the colours and the image is really sweet ! Take care Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Jo said...

LOL! great story, and a great card too, ties in perfickly ;)
Jo xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Ha ha, would you not have thought the shop assistant would have said something?! Fabulous card Mrs A, great colours! xx

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Great card with a story to match! thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room challenge "use your scraps". Suzanne x

pinky said...

That is one lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Pinky

Sandra H said...

Great story Mrs A and Such a beautiful card. Love that image and your fabulous design xx

Darnell said...

I love my Wednesdays at Mrs. A's yarn shop! Just kidding, I know they are too funny NOT to be true and I love them! I wonder if you spark memories in others like you always do in me. Sharing is fun like that and so are trips down memory lane. Hope you are feeling better, Mrs. A! Big hugs! xxoo Darnell

PS Love your stickeroo and goosey cards in your prior posts, too!!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Well at least it wasn't tucked into your knickers! Cool card. Love the colours xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I saw it on Make it Monday. I enjoyed your story. Thank you for the laugh.

Ann said...

Thanks for sharing a laugh and of course your lovely card too!! Fab digi stamp & design. Hugs Ann xx

Di said...

Just had to hop in before I trot off to bed for my last decent sleep for a few nights. All packed and sorted here. You are having a finger wagged at you Mrs A - NO parties!!

LOVE you card and the tale does make me giggle - only you, as I've said before!

I think drop cutting as done by our lovely Mary Mac is what some folk refer to as 'gutting'. Am sure you do that - where you cut the middle out of card you're using for layers to make it go further?

Hugs, Di xx..........and BEHAVE!

Unknown said...

a Ha how fabulous is this Mrs A well done .
Thank you for joining us at our :
"Through The Craft Room Door" Challenge this time and good luck.
Hugs Elaine DT.

Anonymous said...

cute card and I love your image!
Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday this week.
tammy dt

MagsB said...

*Giggling uncontrollably!*

What a gorgeous card! I do love Bugaboo, and I also love your colours, they are so chic!

love Mags B x

Bonnie said...

I love how they make stamps of your life! How fun!

Helen said...

Great image and card and your story made me laugh too!

Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

Helen x

Debi said...

fun card! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Donna said...

So pretty Mrs A and perfectly coloured...fab sentiment too! Love the story about your new dress, so funny and probably the kind of thing I would do lol! :) Donna ♥ x

Danielle said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors you used.
Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!