Wednesday, July 30, 2014

In The Summertime.

A completely different style of card from me today.
Inspired by the set of Brusho Water colour paints
I have just bought.
I took myself down to the end of the garden and armed with loads of newspaper to spread on the table I had a little play.
I used a sheet of plain white cardstock
and then sprinkled just a small amount of the powdered paint
onto the paper using just 3 colours.
Rose Red, Ultra Marine, Lemon.
I then spritzed  over with a generous helping of water
and left the paints to do their magic.
Where the colours have mixed and merged I now have
Orange , Mauve and Green  added into the equation.
No 2 patterns will ever come out exactly the same.
I left to dry and then cut down to size and adhered to a card blank.
 
On a snippet of card I  sprinkled  
Purple and Brilliant Red together
and when dry over stamped  using  the Indgio Blu butterfly stamp
with Versamark and embossed with black EP.
I then fussy cut the butterfly  and mounted to the card using 3D pads.
I gave the sentiment stamp the same treatment.
A quick doodle round the edges plus some black gems and a very 
CAS card from me.
I really enjoyed using these paints and have bought the
Brusho Secrets  DVD to go with them so expect to see more 
as I work through the lessons.
I made this card as inspiration for my Butterfly Challenge
where the theme is Summertime Butterflies.
Hope you can play along as the challenge is running for  4 weeks.
 
Entering into the following challenges:
4 Krafty Girlz #23 Anything goes.
Sister Act #67 Anything goes.
Crafty Catz #241 Anything goes.
Less  Is More. #182 Anything goes.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #135. Use your snippets. (oddment of white card).

26 comments:

Margreet said...

You created a beautiful background Mrs A...love your butterfly too!
xxx Margreet

Brenda in IN said...

This looks like a garden of bright, blooming flowers. The colors meshed together perfectly. Great idea.

Sid said...

Lovely card !!

Sandra H said...

Ooooh fabulous card Mrs A and gorgeous watercolouring and of course another beautiful butterfly l love the fact you have mounted it too!

Susanne Vargas said...

What a cool technique and gorgeous card! Will have to google those paints...

NickScrapShack said...

This looks so cool! A very pretty card too. I never seam to get tired of butterflies.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog this week. Good luck!
Nick

Karen Petitt said...

It is gorgeous! I am going to have to look into these paints as this is the second time I have seen them and I love the beautiful bold colours and background! Truly gorgeous card Karen x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
Your watercolour background is fabulous.
Very unique.
Best wishes.
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

How did I miss this...it is so pretty. Love your technique and the results. I can just picutre you out in the garden armed with your paints!

scrappymo! said...

Me again...thought it said June 30...lol

Anne said...

Super creation Mrs A, though normally we do like to see a bit more 'white space' at LIM. Used Brushos for my C&G design work years ago, they are fun to play with!
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Catherine said...

This is so arty Valery Ann ! Love the background ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Unknown said...

love it this looks great thank you so much for joining us at sister act this week and good luck
hugs Tonnie DT

Di said...

How strange Mrs A - I only just spotted this technique earlier on today on another blog. What fun (no wonder you has to work outside!) - and such a beautiful and very individual result too!

Love it!

Hugs, Di xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I bought myself the basic set of Brushos but haven't had time to play as yet. Your card is stunning and really inspires me to dive in. The Retreat certainly was a real buzz in so many ways ans I cannot wait till next year to do it all again. I am going to a Clarity workshop with Sally-Ann Hanes next week so that may alleviate the withdrawal symptoms a little. Hope you enjoy your session with Andy Skinner. xx Maggie #32

Ali said...

This is really pretty. I'm particle to a butterfly and the background you've created is gorgeous.
Ali xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, this is beautiful, love it!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Donna said...

So pretty Mrs A, a real kaleidascope of colour and the butterfly is the perfect finish :) Donna ♥ x

Createology said...

I do not know powdered watercolors. They look marvelous on your beautiful card. Isn't it so much fun to experiment and play with your art?!! Creative Coloring Bliss...

Granmargaret said...

This is a lovely card.

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry this comment is so late, but I was on holiday in Spain last week and wifi was a little limited and slow!
This is fab... but don't forget that white space for us at Less is More!"
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sherry said...

It's lovely! The effect you created looks like wild flowers and the butterfly's floating around them, so pretty.

I have some Brusho powders and usually use them on kitchen roll sheets, sprinkle a little on, add water and watch how far they spread! Great fun and such vibrant colours xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Love, love, LOVE! Nuff said x

Sarn said...

I've got the paints but not the DVD. Your results look fab. Can't wait to see what else you make when you've watched the DVD.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I am seeing those paints more and more all over blogland - this is fabulous - I think I need them.....NOW!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful background this made!