Monday, September 01, 2014

Poppy Cube.

It is time again for the midway reminder for the
 
The theme as usual is Anything goes.......but not cards.
 
We have a new sponsor this challenge
Woodware.

 
The DT. were given a selection of samples
to play with .
I had six cardboard slide shapes and some ribbon
amongst my goodies.
I immediately thought Cube (as you do)!
 
I painted all 6 squares with a tester pot paint in 'Dusted Fondant'.
It is a lovely delicate pale pink shade.
I used the Inkylicious  'Watercolour Poppies'
clear polymer stamps set to ink a poppy
on all four sides and one larger poppy  on the top .
I created the grass effect using Stampscapes 'Reeds 067B
over stamping several time to give a dense cluster.
Both the poppies and reeds were stamped in DI 'Walnut Stain'.
I coloured the poppies with DI 'Tattered Rose'
by  first stamping the pad onto my craft mat
and then  picking up the ink with a fine paint brush.
I looped the ribbon through the slits on four of the squares
and attached together to form a box.
The last two were then threaded through top to bottom to form
the cube.

 
Entering into the following challenges:
Oldie But A Goodie # Anything but a card. (stash more than 6mths = reed stamp, inks)
Creative Inspirations #278 Flower  power
Brown Sugar #109 Anything goes
Hiding In My Craft Room #163 Freestyle
Anything But a Card # Use the number 5 (stamped out five poppies , 4 round sides 1 on top)
Dream Valley #89 Flowers
Scribble and Scrap #26 Anything goes
Frosted Designs # Break out the stamps


21 comments:

Sandra H said...

Morning Mrs A.........Wow you really are so creative your cube is amazing love the colour too! enjoy you day xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a really fab creation.
Love this superb cube.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Dorrie said...

I love the cube, I think that I will have to store that idea away!

Rocky said...

Clever idea and so pretty too, love it!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful creations and love the poppies.

Kath x

Alyx said...

Fab project...beautiful poppies. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Createology said...

I don't know how many days can get past me so fast nor how you can create so many beautiful projects each and every day. Your cards are lovely. This cube is very smart and what a great gift to include something inside. Creative Bliss Indeed...

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty, your cube! Not sure if I would have thought of a cube, but it sure works!

Blossom Cards said...

lovely project thanks for sharing with SBBC this week Rachel dt

Catherine said...

This is so clever and beautiful Valery Anne ! Love the colour you have chosen too... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a clever make with such soft pretty colours!
Thank you for Linking to Anything But A Card 5 challenge!

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely creation hun, I love the colours :) Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Rene said...

Amazing project! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene :D

Athanasia said...

Amazing project, so unique! I love the poppies, you did a great work! Thank you for sharing at Frosted Designs!

Joni Parker said...

This is incredibly creative!! I just love it!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is amazing!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

MagsB said...

What a great idea! I love the soft colours and the delicate poppy images. Lovely!

love Mags B x

Andree said...

A gorgeous cube and a fabulous idea.
Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

scrappymo! said...

Your creative cube looks wonderful/ I guess you could even leave one side open and it would be a gift box!

The colours look wonderful too..love the soft, muted fell of your project.

Unknown said...

Way to think outside the box - love the cube!! Pretty flowers!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This is really lovely Mummy x