Wednesday, October 21, 2015

18th Birthday card.

A new challenge awaits you 
over at my Butterfly Challenge


 I would like to see a number or numbers on your project.
The number could be to celebrate a Birthday (age) or an Anniversary for example.
You can interpret any way you wish and add any embellishments + your butterfly of course.

Here is my inspiration card .
I'm back on my love/hate relationship with acetate.
I have found a way to attach the acetate to the card
without resorting to using brads or having sticky tape on show.
Whilst it is a bit fiddly it does give a stunning result.

The card is made up of 3 layers.
The base  which wraps to the front,
the middle section and the acetate front.
Here the card is slightly open showing the acetate front which 
has a framework of flowers and butterflies.
Made by Papermania and is an embossed sticker. 

Background paper of peach and lavender exactly
matched the framework. 
It was in my stash and had no name to go with it.
Number is a foil based 3d  cut out I bought on line
but no product name on the packet. 
Purple card and ribbon for the base from my stash.

Hope you will stop and play along . 
Challenge runs for 2weeks.

Entering into the following challenges:
2 Creative Chicks #3 Anything goes
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Creative Ladybirds Creations #8 Anything goes.
Lets Craft and Create Challenge #106 Ribbon or twine.
Alphabet Challenge # R is for ribbon.
Crafty Catz #297 Anything goes.
Jo's Scrapshack#110 Anything goes.
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends#20 Anything goes.
Craft Your Passion. #284 Anything goes.
Creative Card Crew #98 Ribbon..
Through The Craft Room Door # Anything goes.
Create and Inspire #32 Anything goes.
Inspiration Destination #56 Anything  goes.
Penny's Paper Crafty #250 Anything goes.

33 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Clever idea, Mr.Ann! This seems a window opened! Love this!

Brenda in IN said...

Whoo hoo, this is so pretty. The acetate looks great and I love the shiny 18th. The receipent will love it.

Chriss America Real said...

This card is so lovely & elegant! Love it!

Hugs,
Chriss - Scrappin with Chriss and Lou

Margo said...

Very cool card with al the layers !
I'm a big fan of butterflies, so I love this card !
Greetz
Margo

Kathleen said...

Very clever card and love the frame on the acetate.

Kath x

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Mrs A. Carol x

Mia Scott said...

Very cute, Thank you for joining in with the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Crafty Catz. Mia - GDT Member xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card Valerie, so classy and full of gorgeousness.xx
 {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

MaryH said...

It is beautiful with the butterfly framing, and I love the peachy background. I've got some glue that is supposed to be invisible on acetate (it isn't in my hands!) but this looks so pretty and I love the intricacy of the different layers as you've done them. Very clever Mrs. A. TFS & Hugs

Amy Cohen said...

The acetate front is brilliant- thank you for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Peanut said...

Oh this is so clever, Mrs A and very elegant too!
hugs, Asha

dutchess said...

Oh I do like your idea Valery...it's great.....just doing a 25th wedding anniversary card ....xxx

Catherine said...

This is beautiful Valery Anne ! Love the frame... I wish I could use my sewing machine like you use yours !!! You are such a talented Lady ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

KandA said...

Super card Mrs A, Such a clever idea with the acetate and I love the frame xx

Pat said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challnge.

Pat xx

Diane said...

Super lovely card design Valery Anne.

Hugs Diane

Jacee said...

Fabulous number card, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Viv said...

Now... this is rather nice Mrs A!!!! x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely work Mrs A., you don't say (that I could see) what your method of attaching the acetate was?
Heard on YT that teensy bit of comic shimmer glue works well though not tried it.
Shaz in Oz.x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a wonderful card.
great papers used, and a very lovely design too.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Cheryl W. said...

I've only made one acetate card, and I know it can be a bit tricky. Yours is definitely a success! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Craft & Create.

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card Mrs A! I bet the recipient was thrilled with it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Greta said...

I never use acetate, but always love when others do--this is so beautiful, Mrs. A!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card, I love the window design and your gorgeous papers! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Irene said...

Thank you forr letting me know about your Mum's cactus, I have now moved mine to the conservatory and giving it little water.

luv
irene
xxxx

Donna said...

What a great window design and idea for the numbers/butterfly, I am stumped this month but am still thinking!

Kimbo said...

Beautiful Mrs A, I love the acetate window and the soft colours x

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely card. Just perfect for our ribbon challenge at Creative Card Crew. Thanks for joining us!
Hugs, Yvonne

Karen C said...

So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
Hugs,
Karen C

Jo said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

MagsB said...

Another beauty! What pretty papers!

love Mags B x

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

This is a very beautiful card I love your beautiful layered technique. Thank you for sharing with us at create and Inspire Challenge.

crafty-stamper said...

beautiful card love the layers and acetate front----Thank you for joining us at Create and Inspire
Carol DT x