Sunday, October 04, 2015

Robins.

Time has sped past I'm sure it has doubled in speed.
It is 2 weeks since the last Christmas Club
show and tell.
Sylvie has chosen Robins for her theme.
Another rummage in my used Christmas card pile
turned up two quite different styles so used them both.

1st one is Traditional Robin on Holly.
Orignally the image was an oblong card
but I cut the bottom off and used it as design paper.
Base is a red card which I trimmed down 
and then used the offcut on the front of the card.
I picked out some cardstock to match the 
berry leaves  on the part I had cut off
and then just layered up.
The sentiment was already printed on the card.
Entering into the following challenges:
A Snowflakes Promise #6 Must have a Christmas/winter theme.
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Through The Craft Room Door#  Anything goes.
Aud Sentiments #141 Christmas projects + sentiment.
Fab and Funky #275 Christmas.

2nd  image is a whimsical one which is a really
old card from when one of the kids was small
and sent  from a class mate.
The shape just lent itself to being an easel card.
I trimmed the card front down and as it was
creamy in colour used a cream base card for the easel.
I found this freebie robbin paper in my stash too
and teamed it with cherry red card stock.

I added white, red and green stickles  to the image
and cut the greetings word from red glitter paper.
I found by using a piece of wax paper with  the die
I had no problems with the glitter sticking in the
intricate wording of the die.

Side view of the easel. I had a small piece of the 
robin paper over which was just enough top make
the stopper for the easel to be kept open.
I used foam pads to raise up slightly.

Inside of the easel.
 I thought this was such a pretty paper
and cut it very economically to show the design off
at its best. 

Entering into the following challenges:
Crafty Hazelnuts Extra # Anything goes.
Crafty Time Challenges #6 Shaped cards.
Create and Inspire #30 Anything goes.
Creative Inspirations #329 Anything goes.
Ruby's Rainbow #114 Easel Cards.
Jo's Scrap Shack #108 Anything goes.

33 comments:

Createology said...

Great cards for Make A Card Day. Always such a good re-use of previously received cards. Creative Card Bliss...

Sue said...

These are lovely Christmas cards. I really like the traditional Christmas themes and colours you have used. Thank you for joining us this time at Creative Inspirations.
Sue...xxx

Mrs.B said...

Morning Mrs. A. Great cards and a wonderful bit of recycling too.
Hope you are well as I've been quite absent in Blogland lately.
Avril xx

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards and great up cycling too....those naughty robins on the slide just made me laugh xx

aussie aNNie said...

Just beautiful, coloured perfectly and stunning cards.xx
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Sandra H said...

Morning Mrs A so pretty are both your cards and what adorable images so beautifully put together with fabulous backing papers on the easle card and matching berry paper on the 1st card and and great use of recycling too! l just love Robins they are my favourite birds take care xx

Zoe Tant said...

Fun cards Valery with a fab up cycle on the second and lovely layout and combo of paper on the first. Zx

Barb said...

Two very pretty cards Valery. I love robins. I bought a stamp set yesterday with two robins on. Barbxx

KandA said...

Two lovely cards Mrs A. Love th robin on the holly and the second is such a fun image and great recycling xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Valery, you really are the Queen of the upcycling, two very lovely cards, what a brilliant job you've done, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful both, Mrs. A., and love how you recycled old cards! The easel is stunning and so happy, the robins made me smile! The first robin card with the holly is very sweet!

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards Mrs A I love robins! huggles Sue xx

Rita said...

Lovely cards Valery. Certainly fit in with the theme. Hugs Rita xxx

Jacee said...

Lovely festive cards, gorgeous images
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

rachel said...

lovely makes Valery - i adore the second one - a super slide!!! Hugs Rachel x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what brilliant cards.
I love your fab designs, and the really cute robins on the easel card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous makes and love the image on the first one and the second one is gorgeous.

Kath x

Christine Harrop said...

Great cards Mrs A! Lots of lovely robins! Hugs Christine xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Yes, time seems to be flying by and this challenge came round so quickly for me too. Love your two cards today, I think everyone enjoyed this theme this time.
Lorraine

Greta said...

I'm always amazed at your re-cycles, Mrs. A! Love both of these robin cards!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful easel card. Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge.

MaryH said...

I am always amazed at what you create with your recycling efforts. Each of these is such a lovely card. I like the way you've used the focal image, then added the remaining bits of the card as part of the design (#1). Then with the easel card, another awesome look, and it's wonderful. I really like the folk art look of that pretty paper you got on the interior part of the easel card, showing so nicely when the card is set up. Great work. TFS & Hugs

Marjeta said...

Beautiful cards, espetialy those with birds. My favourite is card with owls.

Marjeta

NGCARDS said...

This is lovely :) Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Two super Christmas cards - love the whimsical one! Thanks for sharing with Create and Inspire!

Christine Harrop said...

I'm back wearing my DT hat now Mrs A. You really are the Queen of Recycling! Thanks for sharing your fabulous easel card with us at Crafty Time. Good luck! Hugs Christine xx

Carol said...

Two great cards Mrs A and so very different. Carol x

Kellie 0:) said...

Cute cards. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR October challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - and thanks for entering this for my CHNC challenge extra for October x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
Just catching up and what 2 delightful cards to start with.
Love the frosty look to your frozen water coming out of the spout.
Best wishes.
Ang x

shaz earl said...

Brilliant card! perfect for our Easel card challenge over at Ruby's Rainbow thank you for sharing with us
Shaz DT

Ginny said...

fab cards, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

flossbite said...

Super makes! Thanks for joining us at CHNC this month. Hope to see you again!
Fiona DT x