Friday, November 27, 2015

Quadruple

I'm all at sixes and sevens this week
and late getting this posted.
Both our laptops had an overhaul this past weekend
and only mine rebooted successfully when we got them back home.
The Doc's is in bits at the moment and so is The Doc without it.
Using mine to do everything on.

I made this card for the second week of my
The challenge closes next Tuesday at 8pm
so still plenty of time left.
Here is my inspiration for you.

I  recently took an online class for different card folds
to find some new ideas and this is one of the shapes made.
Trifold Angled Front Card.
Very simple design to cut , the fiddly bit being all the layers.
I used a fairly thin sheet of yellow card for my base so layering it up 
helped make the card more sturdy.
I found two sheets of coordinating design paper in my stash
that were also double sided with plain mottled on the reverse
so this gave me the 4 papers element . I also used 4 paper roses on the front.
Paper was a freebie from Simply Homemade magazine
called  ' Simply British''.
Flowers /lace from my stash.

1st fold opened showing the two patterned designs.
The card closure was made using SU Modern labels punch
which I cut twice and glued back to back with holes punched 
either end with ribon threaded through and trimmed  to size.
Britania word die used to create 'Friend' cut twice
and layered up and glued in place.

Card fully opened showing the pink and yellow
matching papers.
The embossed centre piece was made using Sizzix 656982 
Butterfly migration set EF.
Papers were cut using a combination of Xcut 
'Ornate  Frame' and Parenthesis.

Butterfly element is the charm and the EF
used on the inside. 
Entering into the following challenges:
Crafty Boots# Spots or dots  (plenty of those on paper).
Use your Stuff #201. Lots of layers. (each side of card is layered and the back)
Cuttlebug Mania # Embossing. (I used my manual big shot with the EF.)
Everybody Art #346 Embellishments. (On front of card.)
Shopping Our Stash. #229 No stamping and no Digis allowed.
Pile It On  #96 Fancy folds.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #204 Use snippets. (snippet of green for closure +ribbon)
Crafting Musketeers #31 Anything but square.
Crafty Time #7 Embellish it.

21 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wowsers! some gorgeous work here Mrs A.work being hte operative work as there is bit of fiddling there!
sorry been away so long ..
... and sorry too re the computer hassles dont we hate it .. poor doc. hope and pray his is up and running soon.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Margo said...

Your card is realy lovely ! I love different shapes for cards, I always think I should give it a go but then when I'm behind my crafting table, I always end up making regular cards :) Good luck with the PC-troubles !
Greetz
Margo

Barb said...

Hello Mrs A and great work there. The papers look very pretty and I like the shape of the card. The tie band is a good idea too. Hope you get the PC sorted soon. Barbxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

I love this fold Mrs A
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Catherine said...

Such a beautiful card Valery Anne ! Love the fold and the papers are gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This is a great design, love the fold technique and the colours of the dp! The embossed centre piece is gorgous! Beautiful embellishment on the trapezoidal panel and the lace gives a very elegant touch!
Sorry for your laptops...!

Margreet said...

Great shape/fold and pretty papers...lovely details.
xxx Harry and Margreet

Hettie said...

Very cute Mrs A. You are doing well despite losing some of your feathers.
So then. Who is playing Mary?
xx

Di said...

So pretty Mrs A - what a fold! And poor Doc - I bet you'll be happy when things return to 'normality'! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Carol said...

A beautiful card Mrs A, so pretty. Hope all is well electronically soon. Carol x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Mrs A, fabulous fold, colors and design!

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love the shape of this card, it really makes the design stand out. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

KandA said...

This is fabulous Mrs A, love the shape and pretty papers. I'll have to get chasing a butterfly or two so that I can flutter by xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful design and pretty colours. Love the flowers and butterfly - that's really great embellishments. It's a fantastic card with an interesting shape.

Thanks for playing along with our Crafty Time Challenge for November and good luck!

Doris *DT*

Greta said...

So interesting & beautiful, Mrs. A!

Lori said...

This is such a pretty card and I love the fold! Thanks so much for joining our lots of layers challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!

Unknown said...

beautiful card thank you for joining us at Crafting musketeers
hugs
Paula Dt

Donna said...

Lovely card, I love the soft pretty colours and that awesome fold! Thanks for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our No Stamping challenge!!

Chana Malkah said...

Wonderful design, lots of lovely papers! Nice projecct! Thanks for playing along with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana

Kimbo said...

What a fabulous fold Mrs A, I love the mix of papers

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

lauren bergold said...

what a pretty card and that fancy fold is awesome! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (no stamping!) STASH with us this week! <3