Sunday, February 28, 2016

Hot Cocoa

has a digital Stamp Of the  Month challenge.
This month the digi is' 
'Snowman and Cocoa.
It is a progressive challenge so 
if you enter in the month then the next month 
you get sent the next digi free,
I missed out January but you can purchase the image for $1.
It's as good job there are 29 days this month
as I've left it a tad late!
No excuses as I have had the digi sat on my desk for sages.
When I first saw this image  I immediately
thought of this die cut to go with it 
so just had to make a card using them both. 

It is not very clear from my photo but the diecut
is X cut's Jigsaw pieces.
I coloured the image using my promarkers and silver gel pen.
The background is done with pearlescent  blue chalk.
I stuck the whole image onto d/s sticky paper and then ran
through my bigshot.  Peeled off the backing sheet and 
proceeded to remake the jigsaw leaving the last piece out and 
sticking at an angle.
Snowflake paper is by Sally Denton and is adhered to red
card and then onto a green card base.
Green sequins to finish off. 
Sentiment is part of the snowman digi set. 



Entering into the following challenges:

15 comments:

Barb said...

I love your jigsaw puzzle card Mrs.A. The snowman with his cup of cocoa is such an amusing image and very cute too. Barbxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is such a cute snowman - I just used him the other day! I love the FTHS progressive challenge! The images are adorable! Love your jigsaw puzzle card - so nifty!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh how adorable that snowman face is!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Imke said...

Super cool, a puzzle! Great take with our FREE Stamp of the Month February Image @ From the Heart Stamps. Thanks for joining us !

My new crafty home: My Crafty Place

Veerle said...

Really COOL card ValeryAnne that snowman looks so cute. Hugs, Veerle

Lia said...

What an adorable snowman and card!!
Lia xx

Di said...

Brilliant Mrs A! I just knew you'd have to have that jigsaw die :) One trick is to mount the pieces on a dark piece of card, slightly apart to emphasise the jigsaw effect. Having said that, this works just fine 0 leaving one piece at a jaunty angle is clever! And such a sweet image too.

Hugs

Di xx

Mac Mable said...

So very cute and adorable. Loving the idea of the jigsaw.

Viv said...

Great idea with the jigsaw Mrs A! Good job! x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such a clever idea making a Jigsaw with this cute image!! And the last pieces leaved in a corner is just perfect!!

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Valery, cute snowman and lovely papers, Kate x

Aquarius said...

Love this image - the cold weather makes me want to reach for a hot choccy drink too!!

Margo said...

Oh this is so cute !!!!
Greetz
Margo

Bonnie said...

What a fun snowman puzzle!

Merry said...

What an awesome die, I will have to look into that. Love how you have used it with the image.