Sunday, February 21, 2016

Icicles

I'm continuing to loose one gain one,
loose one with my followers.
Beginning to be a bit of a cat and mouse game!
Also though I can access my Dashboard
from my Ipad I cannot see my readers list or
write a new blog post up.
Anyone  else having the same problem?
It's annoying as I like to be downstairs of an evening 
and not glued to the internet upstairs.

Right. Moan over.
It's time once again for the 
girls in the Christmas Card Club to show
our next batch of cards
Kate has chosen the Theme of
'Icicles'.
This one I freely admit had me well and truly stumped!
But as I never admit defeat
looking through my stash of used  christmas cards 
I found this picture of a  water mill which I cut down
slightly to make this new card.

I mounted onto silver glitter card and then onto 
sage green card stock ( that picked out the colours of the water)
to make the base card.
Sentiment is die cut from a snippet of the glitter card
then I simply took my silver stickles bottle and created some icicles 
hanging  from  the roofs, wheel, waterfall and the trees.
I took the picture with the card at an angle to catch the icicles.

I'm still sticking to my resolution to make one card from 
my used stash and one from my stash of
stamps, embossing folders, diecuts , digis and stencils
which I have mostly never used.!
Could I find an Icicle amongst them?
Nope.
But 
what is a snowflake if it is not an Icicle
so just keep that idea firmly in your head as I show you
my next card.!!

This snowflake E.F is by Spellbinders
M-bossibilities Winter Wonder  design B.
The empty space at the top was just crying out for a stamp.
I found this never used freebie  'Humphrey's Corner'
and sentiment (had been one long word but I cut it in half)
which I coloured with my promarkers and pearlised chalk
for the background..
Snowflake brad was in my odds tin on my desk.
The stamp had snow falling so I used liquid pearls to embellish.
Mounted onto white card and then grey pearlised cardstock.

As I was putting everything away
 I still had this freebie  snowflake EF on my desk
 that I had embossed onto a strip of white card.
Waste not want not!
10mins later a further Icicle card.

Silver Sentiment sticker and silver gems 
completed the look.

Hope your all  enjoying what is left of the weekend .
I off to do a spot of sewing now.
hugs to you all.

28 comments:

Migdalia said...

I absolutely love all of the holiday cards! Beautiful!
Thank you for stopping by the Twine It up! blog and commenting about my sweet treat with topper. I appreciate it so much. I am NOW following you through google connect.
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

brenda said...

Very similar problems here as well, the odd few followers going from personal and challenge blogs and when it's several at a time it has to be down to Blogger. Also exactly the same issue on my tablet, was doing a bit of research on that and seems quite a common one again put down to Blogger blocking certain devices.

But on the positive side a nice collection of cards.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Valery, well what a fabulous selection of cards, each and everyone is so beautiful. Your winter scene is gorgeous, and you have upcycled it so well with lots of icicles, very creative and Humphry is so sweet and your third one is a lovely traditional card, brilliant, Kate x

KandA said...

Not one but three fabulous cards. Great upcycling and use of freebies xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Mrs A Soooo pretty are not one but all three cards the recycled card is simply gorgeous l love the scene and all the glitter and the green card really captures the water effect too! your second and third cards are equally stunning and a cute image and embossed background so so pretty they all are take care x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have been very productive!! All three cards are beautiful and love very much the first one with the gorgous upcycled picture, your icicles sparkle wonderfully! And yes, you are absolutely right, the snowflakes are icicles too! :d so your amazing panels are perfect for the theme!

Barb said...

Goodness you put your thinking hat on and got busy. Three lovely cards Mrs. A. I love your Humphrey image. Barbxx

dutchess said...

Hi Valery....such industry....3 cards and a recycle....well done,loving them all...my favourite I'd Humphrey...he is just so cute xxxxxx

Margo said...

Such cute Christmas cards !
I'm having the same problem with my followers, I hope after all the cleaning, Blogger will also invest time and energie in some improvements!
Greetz
Margo

Lynn said...

My goodness,you have been very busy. I would never have guessed that the first card was a cut down recycled card - I thought it was a topper. Very well matched. Onto the topic of blogger, I have lost all my followers - and I didn't have many to start with! I have also lost the followers link on my sidebar. I will sort it out eventually. Have a good week. Lynn

Veerle said...

Gorgeous ValeryAnne. (Just left you a message on the butterfly blog)
Hugs, Veerle

Mac Mable said...

Great use of your stash and technology is a mystery to me!

MaryH said...

I so admire you sticking to your resolution of recycle and once again, you've done a fab icicle look on the wonderful old watermill. Brilliant to hang the stickles icicles..very glistening. Also love that great folder on #2 with the cute image. And #3, equally cool, with a great design, use of color & shine. three terrific looks, each so different. I'm still losing people too, not sure if I've gained any or it's 'old followers' resigning. I gave up worrying about it. Was going to use the 350 mark for my 4th blogaversary celebration, but that's not gonna work! TFS & Hugs

Jo said...

FAB makes & that's a great resolution you're sticking to! xx

Kathleen said...

Great recycling and a lovely set of card.

Kath x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards... Love the first one ....... Stunning scene
Hugs Sylvie x

Craftychris said...

All three are gorgeous! Loving all the sparkle! xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Blogger has certainly been playing havoc with our followers numbers since December and yes I have had to deal with the dashboard disappearing act too [ nothing we can do about it rather than wait it out!]

LesleyG said...

Terrific trio of twnkliness, all so different but equally lovely. Love technology when it works, hate it when it doesn't, which is too often xxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ooooooh love them all Mrs A but think the five min one at the end is my fav.
Just cutting up some cards to upcycling for Cgrustas today as dong a clean up in my desk, it sssso needed it.
Mm I know there's more at bottom of this comment but sigh it won't show so this comment is going to be very odd.
I am on iPad and have never been able to do a post on it always have to be on computer. Can edit a post on android mobile sometimes though,
Love Shaz in Oz.x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Typical the bit I thought was at bottom of my comment just vanished so now that's even weirder. ;)

Lia said...

Fabulous cards and I like them all!!
It seems that the 'follower problem'' has something to do with Blogger + Google. It also happens to my followers. So weird...!
Lia xx

Christine Harrop said...

Something very weird is going on. Your post didn't show up in my list until about an hour ago. Very odd! I love the watermill; such a beautiful image. Great cards all round. Christine xx

Michelle said...

Three very beautiful cards here. All have lovely details to them. Hope you find your followers. I have also lost some:( Michelle x

rachel said...

three great makes Valery - I really struggled with this one! Big hugs Rachel x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! Three cards for the price of one Mrs A. All fabulous and great to be whittling down your stash too.
I haven't experienced any problems with Blogger as yet thank goodness, I know a lot of people have though and it can be very frustrating. Goodness knows what they are up to, they haven't let on and probably never will tell us why they're messing with things.
Lorraine

Zoe Tant said...

Oh my Valery you really went to town on this one and I like them all. Zx

Carol said...

A wonderful trio of icicle cards Mrs A, do love the EF folder on the second one. Carol x