Monday, February 15, 2016

Rose Trio

I have Blog Candy in the post above.
Ends Friday 19th. 

Now this card that  I'm about to show you today 
is a bit of an odd ball because as I was making it
I kept thinking what if I do this, what if  I just add
and what if I tweak it a bit here and there,
so much so that the card is nothing like I had 
planned out in my head.
I am pleased to say though that I like it very much.
Phew!!!

Time for another challenge over at 
Crafting From The Heart
The sponsor for this week
is


I have chosen to work with a digi called
'Rose Trio'

So I started with the premise that I would 
colour the image with my Papermania
water colour pencils which I did.
Then I had the notion to colour up an identical image
and place one on top of another. 
Whilst colouring up the second image I sort of thought
what if I put one behind a sheet of vellum to mute it down a bit.
It was only at this point I thought I had better go and sort through
my pink stash of papers for a paper to go with the image that 
I had already coloured twice!!
Second Phew as I found this freebie paper
by Sally Moret 2012 and cardstock in pink and green 
that matched perfectly. 
Next up I decided to cut a frame using 
Sizzix  Scallop rectangle die 657905 
which was actually  a tad smaller than my image.? 
Not to worry I thought.
 Next bright idea was to layer the design paper
 on a green base then one of the images,
the vellum ,the die cut scallop and put the second image
over the top scrunching the flowers and leaves slightly to just
 overhang the frame work.
By this time I'm on a roll so added stickles  in Diamond and Holly
 to the top roses and leaves.
The rose charm happened to be on my desk so had to get used as well.
I die  cut a small tag from the pink card and vellum  and used
a silver sticker for the sentiment at which point 
I thought enough is enough.!!!!!


You can just see in this close up the first rose  image
 covered with vellum which is behind the scalloped frame.

The theme is Anything Goes as usual
and we would love to see you entering
your projects.

Entering into the following challenges:
Create and Inspire #39 Anything goes.
Penny's Paper-Crafty #264 Favourite colour. (Mine is pink.)
4 Crafty Chicks #285 Bling.
Cards 4 Galz #15 Fantastic Florals.
Jade's Sparkling Butterflies #12 Anything goes,
Little Miss Muffet #131 Anything goes.
Crafting With Friends #14 Anything goes.
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #27 Anything goes.
That Craft Place #Anything goes.

24 comments:

brenda said...

How often that happens that we don't end up with what we imagined, but I think this turned out beautifully, lovely colours and a bit of sparkle as well.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning, I think this turned out just fine, love it.xx...xx{aNNie}

Liz said...

Lovely card, Mrs A. The flowers look so pretty. xx

Lia said...

It looks great and I love the sparkle!
Lia xx

Christine Harrop said...

Just as well you followed wherever your thoughts took you because you ended up with a great card! Christine x

Margo said...

So elegant !
Greetz
Margo

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your sparkling ross look beautiful and loved the rose charm you added. I used one of the butterflies you sent me in a project...loved it !!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous!! Love the vellum! Never used it myself but always wanted to! The little tag and rose charm are just perfect too!
Lucy x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How many Phew for this card, but the final look is just amazing!!! The vellum has been the most helpful idea, I think, and the bunch of roses has a fantastic look with the "ghost" roses behind the scallop frame! Love all the sparkling on the edge and the gorgous little charm on the tag. This card is very romantic and full of delightful details!
Hugs

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is beautiful! My favourite colour combo! I like the added charm too!

KandA said...

This turned out beautifully Mrs A. Aren't you glad you ran with it and let your creativity take over xx

Leanne said...

So pretty, these flowers make me smile. Another wonderful card. thanks for playing our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
Leanne DT/LPCF

Createology said...

I adore how you experimented with this card and the Roses. Love how the finished Roses turned out. Embracing Creative Bliss...

Andree said...

Your card is so pretty. The roses are wonderful and the paper is a perfect match. The vellum layer and extension over the frame adds a lovely depth.
It's fun to be fluid with card designs. I surprise myself at how different they turn out from the original plan sometimes xx

Andree said...

Your card is so pretty. The roses are wonderful and the paper is a perfect match. The vellum layer and extension over the frame adds a lovely depth.
It's fun to be fluid with card designs. I surprise myself at how different they turn out from the original plan sometimes xx

Amy Cohen said...

Gorgeous- very creative! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Merry said...

This is a very pretty card, the charm just finishes it nicely.

Unknown said...

absolutly stunning card! Love the pretty details on the roses! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs and sunshine

Unknown said...

Stunning card, the colours are so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Jade's Sparkling Butterflies. Cathy DT x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful. You've inspired me to get out my vellum too :)
Hugs,
Em x

cuilliesocks said...

Just stunning Valery, beautiful image and colouring, Kate x

Lori Turner said...

I agree, your decisions were right cuz this is so pretty, Valery - thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks xoxoxo

Rae Ann said...

Isn't it funny how our creations can take on a life of their own like that?! It all works and it came together to create a beautiful card. =)

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I really like the colours on this one x