Friday, July 01, 2016

More Meeces!

These are the last two mice that I said I would show you.

The white mouse is actually mouse atempt  No 5.
I had given up trying to colour a brown mouse
using  distress markers and water so in desperation
got out my copic markers and coloured a white mouse.
Not overally impressed with my effort but she did 
warrant a card to pop her onto so here it is.


Flower paper is a freebie from Making Cards Mar 2016.
I fussy cut some of the flowers out separately and moulded
into shape on the doily. Spotted paper is another freebie by
Hunkydory and the pink  love paper Making cards Feb 2016.
Pink raffia and gems from my stash.

Now this last one was disaster No 4.
I had used a brown distress marker on her and I think
she went on a very long holiday with no sun block!!
She was burnt to a cinder. I put her to one side and turned 
to colouring  No 5 above.

Now by this time I had retrieved Nos 1 and 2 from 
the bin and pieced them back together again
so I turned my attention back to this little 
burnt to a cinder offering for another go.
Sorry I forgot to take a photo of her before I started but needless to say
she wasn't feeling very photogenic.
I know I thought , I will try lifting off the brown with 
 water and a brush so I set to work. Now here is the interesting
thing as I lifted off the brown distress ink bit by bit I found not 
a paler brown mouse but a  well,  to put it kindly a 
decidedly purple one!
  (See what happens when you don't use sun tan cream!!)
Anyways, after lying down in a dark room for a bit(me that is)
her colour had settled down along with the pilling of the backing card
and you know what I rather like my purple mouse.
Who says a mouse has to be brown/white /grey.
So I sorted through my papers and came up with the following card.

I edged round the image with a silver gel pen . and used my scalloped edge dies.
Backing paper is a freebie from Making Cards Apr 2016.
The heart paper from Making cards  Feb 2016
The Sentiment a freebie again from Feb 2016 Making cards.
Lace and heart gems from my stash.

19 comments:

Donna said...

These are both just adorable, those eyes are so full of expression and you colored the mouse beautifully!

Regina said...

Absolutely delightful cards and great job on the colouring of your images!
sending greetings
Regina*

Tina Z. said...

Wow, great cards, I love your descriptions of making cards :))). I have the same problems all the time, my colouring is a problem ... I like your doily with flowers, so special.
have a great weekend!

brenda said...

A purple mouse works fine for me Valery and they are two really sweet card.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Such pretty and cute cards..had a chuckle about the sun tan cream x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh such an adorable image and love the cheerful fun colors
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You made me smile with your mouse's story! I think that the sun isn't still so hot, but she is a young lady with a fair skin... :) However, she made herself lovely for your card :D
Love so much the touch of pink raffia in the first card!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A, I like the image the colours and all the flowers
Kevin xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, love the stamp and papers used. gorgeous colour combo as well...enjoy your weekend.xx {aNNie}

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A and I love your coloring even of the sunburnt mouse...love your stories too!
Glad you received the photo of Harry. My daughter has replaced him so that he is now looking at the calendar!
Have a great weekend!
xxx Margreet

scrappymo! said...

You have so much patience...I think you deserve a reward...one tall glass of red wine coming right up...
Well, wish I could send one over.

You did a fab job with all your mice and you really rescued that last one into a pretty card!

scrappymo! said...

You have so much patience...I think you deserve a reward...one tall glass of red wine coming right up...
Well, wish I could send one over.

You did a fab job with all your mice and you really rescued that last one into a pretty card!

Sandra H said...

Oooooh how adorable are these little mice your cards Mrs A are so so cute! fabulous with a lot of patience too !!...hope you enjoy your day x

Donna said...

Adorable little card Mrs A, the papers are so pretty and I love the jute ribbon and pearls detail...so pretty! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has colouring disasters which is why i so often turn to pre-coloured images from LOTV! :) Donna ♥ x

Di said...

Cute cards Mrs A - and a purple mouse is fine with me!

Hugs

Di xx

Unknown said...

Aww boootiful!! Such pretty designs and love the ickle mice!
Lucy x

Erika said...

Sounds like a happy accident Mrs A. I think your mouse looks very cute indeed. The floral arrangement is lovely too.

Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Greta said...

I really love the first card with the pretty pink raffia & doily & flowers!

Cara said...

They both turned out brilliantly! Great saves. Cara x