Monday, August 01, 2016

A Little Preamble

Once upon a time life was sane and simple,
then a Monkey came to live with us and life 
has never been the same since. 
Let me explain.
There is a blog called 
Mum's Monkey which tells the tale of 
every day Monkeys living in a village
on the outskirts of Wolverhampton.
Back in 2011 they put a call out for 
some of their Monkeys (who had been rescued from Ebay)
to be adopted. Well how could I refuse such a request
and on 29th June 2011 Norm (Norman) arrived
on our doorstep.


Of course as soon as Fluff heard of his existence she wanted one too
but all the other monkeys had been found new homes so I
did some investigating of my own and found a site that had 2 monkeys
for sale.  Very shortly Bert arrived and then went onward to live
with Fluff and Co.


Now I felt very bad about  leaving the other monkey behind so 
after a quick phone call Sammy arrived here  too.



Mum's Monkey is having a small respite at the moment so 
Norm sees himself as a bit of an Entrepreneur and has set himself 
the challenge of writing a blog post each day just  for the month of 
August .
Not wanting the hassle of setting up a blog himself he has 
snatched/ purloined mine for the duration.
I will still be here and posting if I can get a picture in edgeways!!

So in these uncertain times of woe in our world at the moment
and you just want something to put a smile on your face
then tune in  here
to see what Norm is up to everyday at 5pm (GMT)
starting today.

(I have a feeling I'm going to regret this idea!!!!)

Foot note.
Ooops silly me forgot to put their photos in.
Here they all are.

18 comments:

Barb said...

I'm intrigued. Will be back later. Barbxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

For an instant I have thought that you tell of true monkeys... and I worried! :D But then I followed the link LOL
I will go later to see you monkey :)

Di said...

Hurry up 5pm!!!!

Hugs

Di xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

So fun! Looking forward to seeing all of the monkey business this month!

Sandra H said...

Oooh l just love your posts Mrs A looking forward to seeing more take care xx

Karen Petitt said...

Now this sounds very up my street, so to speak, hope you are keeping well and apologies for my non visits. Love your pretty pink Butterfly card, will try to play along again soon Karen x

cuilliesocks said...

Loving it Valery, certainly puts a smile on my face,Kate x 😁

Jenny L said...

What a very fab idea, but as you say maybe you are going to regret this.
Can't wait to see what they get up to.
You know the old saying while the cats away the mice are having a whale of a time, or in your case the monkies are up to monkey business. LOL
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

It certainly does bring a smile to the face.

Margreet said...

I will follow the monkey business with pleasure!!
xxx Margreet

rachel said...

excellent news - loving the monkeys xx

Sally H said...

Excellent! I love monkeys!

MagsB said...

Norm and Sammy (and Bert) are so cute!

love Mags B x

Brenda in IN said...

How sweet you have extended your family and adopted. You have adorable childr, er, monkeys. I can't wait to see what they get up to.

Cara said...

Should I be afraid? Let's hope monkeys are better behaved than Parsnip is! Cara x

Darnell said...

I've spent several wonderful moments scrolling backwards through all the tales of the Menkeys (and some gorgeous cards!) to the beginning. Oh, wow, Mrs. A., you could turn your tales into a children's book! Every time I saw a vignette, I would think "THAT'S my fave!", but then I would see the next one ... they are ALL so detailed and adorable! The washing on the line?! Cleaning the windows?! You are one very clever lady and Hammy and I are loving all the posts and your hard work making them!! Hugs, Darnell

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just spent my time catching up on their antics for the month Mrs A, must admit it's good to see monkeys back even if it only for a month. Tuesday's not quite been the same since they went AWOL.
Shaz in Oz.x and yes you prob do regret this idea 😄

Mrs.B said...

Looks like there's been a whole month of fun going on, but at least you got to post a few cards.
Avril xx