Saturday, May 06, 2017

50th Birthday

I received a request for a commission  back in February to make a special card for my  Hairdresser's brother who will be 50yrs old this weekend.
I  was given a list of requirements amongst which were:
supports Liverpool and his favourite team number is 7 which is also his birthdate so could it be on the card . I knew I had a tutorial saved for making little shirts as embellishments  and that I had a strip of ribbon with footballers on it in my stash so an idea for the card was born.
I made a demo card up with my idea and it got the thumbs up so I finished the real Mccoy in good time. The envelope to put it in took way longer than I had anticipated and ended up being an evening and practically an all nighter (the day before I was due to hand the card over) to come up with a design I was happy with which had included  the bright idea of incorporating  a magnetic closure  on the flap and morphing  the envelope into a slim box  shape!!

The little shirt is a tutorial which can be found here.  I checked what the Liverpool strip for 2016/2017 is and made it using the same colours. The ribbon was just long enough to wrap around the design paper which is a digi by Print Fun Factory 'Balls No 4'.

I made a small pocket for inside the card and added a Red Card. 

This is where I incorporated the No 7.

Finally the box card.

I have now received a commission for an 80th Birthday card and the recipient used to be a carpenter!! Not needed till next year though but I have ideas already and just ordered some more magnetic closures. 

Entering into the following challenges:
C.R.A.F.T Challenges #414 3D Decoupage.
My Time To Craft #345 Masculine.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #279/280 Use your snippets. (red snippet of paper for shirt)
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Crafts Galore # Anything goes.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper # Anything goes.
Creative Ladybirds Creations #26 Anything goes.
Love To Craft #10 Anything goes.
Scrapper's Delights #66 Anything goes.
Unicorn Challenge #21 Special Occasions.

26 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card. Your hairdresser must have been thrilled with this card for her brother. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

Love this card, nice to make for others who appreciate.xx ♥[aNNie]

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great ideas for the goal! :D The Red Card with the number 7 inside makes me giggle and surely will be a surprise for the recipient! Fab little shirt, just perfect with the colours and the 50, and the background is perfect too!! You have made a stunning work for your Hairdresser's brother!!

Margreet said...

This is gorgeous...love the shirt, the papers and the red card!
xxx Margreet

Unknown said...

Oh this is awesome! The shirt is brilliant and I absolutely love the red card inside!! What a good idea!!
Lucy x

Lia said...

What a great design is this. I love it!!
Lia xx

Brenda in IN said...

This is a wonderful personal card for him. If you keep this up you will have more work than you can handle. We will be glad to say "we knew you when"! I love that little shirt and it can be used for so many things. Great job, Valery.

Cara said...

What a fantastic card, love the red card! Cara x

Merry said...

Brilliant card, love the idea of the red card.

LesleyG said...

Personalization at its finest! Fabulous card, and the red card inside is an inspired and inspiring touch! Made me laugh about the envelope struggle....that's the sort of thing that happens to me! Xxx

ann @ studiohyde said...

What a great job you made of this, so much better than shop bought ones.

Andree said...

A brilliant card and design. The football shirt is fabulous. Friends love to ask for detailed, personalised cards but they can be tricky to design. You've done a wonderful job here xx

Loose Stitches said...

Awesome card Mrs A., love the design and that little shirt!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Sue said...

What a fab card Mrs A and I love that shirt! huggles Sue x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very brilliant card and box.
Love your wonderful design, and what a very fab idea the red card in the pocket is.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Di said...

Brilliant - and so clever how you incorporated the number 7! I never would have thought of that idea - love the little shirt. Made those myself in the past and great fun fiddling on :)

Hugs

Di xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a perfect card...your client must be thrilled...you have made it both elegant and thematic
Cheers
Dr Sonia

scrappymo! said...

This is such a perfect card for her brother. The design papers look great and I love your design here. The inside pocket red card and number 7 are a wonderful addition.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
Brilliant personalised card. Love the football background paper.
Fabulous idea for a guy card.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Greta said...

What a wonderfully special card, Mrs. A--you nailed it! By the way, your comment about the thunder & hail on your wedding day gave me a good chuckle!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I always love a personalized card - this one is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned paper challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Brenda said...

Such a fun little card! So creative and well thought out. Thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Nicola Gold said...

This is an awesome male card. You put so much thought into it. I really love the folded shirt and the inside. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 'Anything Goes' May 2017.
Nicola, CGE DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Hi and welcome to are Challenge this month.Thank you for sharing your project with us good luck with your entry hope to see you again soon hugs Sue DT xx
https://www.facebook.com/groups/376140345820051/
http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fantastic CAS birthday card! All the details looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft! Challenge Blog
Tina dt